Thread: Really need help with this blood clot fear!!

Really need help with this blood clot fear!!

Hi everyone I am currently going down the rabbit hole of HA and really could use some help. It started about 4 weeks ago I had some weird numbness in my face and then a twitchy feeling in my calves it kind of felt like popcorn popping. I made the huge mistake of going to dr google and was convinced I had ALS especially when the twitching spread to random spots in my body. I started doing calf raises and squats to prove to myself that my muscles were working fine . Big mistake now I am having weird pains in my legs and am convinced the twitching is from blood clots and the pain proves it . I am trying to calm myself by telling myself that the pain is from all the extra movement but it’s such a weird pain . They are random sharp deep pains mostly in the front of my lower leg and they are there for a few minutes then the pain stops , and they are in different places . I also am getting an achy feeling in my thighs off and on, and my upper back is hurting when I stretch certain ways. I am shaking so bad right now , and having the worst panic attack .

Re: Really need help with this blood clot fear!!

You have leg pain because youve used your muscles which you said yourself. DVT in the leg usually causes more noticable symptoms such as obvious swelling, redness, warmth to the touch, your leg feeling hard and continuos cramping. My dad had one and it was obvious not something you would question. If you are still concerned you could see your GP but i imagine if you rest your leg it will pass in a few days.

Thank you I am trying to keep calm . It’s crazy how HA can jump back and forth between illnesses.

Take it from someone who has both BFS (Benign fasciculation syndrome) AND had a big blood clot scare about a month ago - you're alright !

Twitching happens, it's normal, even people without BFS twitch, and calves are the no.1 more twitchiest (does that make sense?) part of our bodies, for some reason. I myself twitch more in my hands but I've had days where it feels like my legs have minds of their own.

The fact that twitching all over is a good thing actually, if you twitch in your leg then have a twitch in your eye, than one over by your shoulder that just means your nerves are just overly excited - nothing malignant going on there. Also! Crampy-pain like feelings are actually really common in BFS as well! I'd recommend checking the syndrome out.

About a month ago my right calf was continuously tense, it felt weird when walking on it, like there was a large lump - sometimes when I walked my leg started tightening up from my ankle all the way up to my thigh - it was as if my leg was turning to stone! I would also get some mild pain and sometimes after walking around my calf would start popping and twitching like there was no tomorrow, I was wigged out! However it eventually passed and there was nor hair nor hide of a blood clot.

The aches and pains you feel could very well be because of your anxiety. I know, I know it's something everyone says but its true! When you worry and fret your body naturally tenses up - and even when you try to think of over things, your subconscious more often then not is still actively aware and fretting over things. It really is a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostSaga View Post
    Take it from someone who has both BFS (Benign fasciculation syndrome) AND had a big blood clot scare about a month ago - you're alright !

Twitching happens, it's normal, even people without BFS twitch, and calves are the no.1 more twitchiest (does that make sense?) part of our bodies, for some reason. I myself twitch more in my hands but I've had days where it feels like my legs have minds of their own.

The fact that twitching all over is a good thing actually, if you twitch in your leg then have a twitch in your eye, than one over by your shoulder that just means your nerves are just overly excited - nothing malignant going on there. Also! Crampy-pain like feelings are actually really common in BFS as well! I'd recommend checking the syndrome out.

About a month ago my right calf was continuously tense, it felt weird when walking on it, like there was a large lump - sometimes when I walked my leg started tightening up from my ankle all the way up to my thigh - it was as if my leg was turning to stone! I would also get some mild pain and sometimes after walking around my calf would start popping and twitching like there was no tomorrow, I was wigged out! However it eventually passed and there was nor hair nor hide of a blood clot.

The aches and pains you feel could very well be because of your anxiety. I know, I know it's something everyone says but its true! When you worry and fret your body naturally tenses up - and even when you try to think of over things, your subconscious more often then not is still actively aware and fretting over things. It really is a vicious cycle.
    Thank you so much! I will check it out , you made me feel a lot better I appreciate the help.

Thread Information