Thread: Really scared - mucus

Really scared - mucus

Hi guys.

I’m 26 and last summer I had a colon polyp removed luckily not cancerous but I sent me full speed back at the HA mill. Generally I feel alright, can sometimes get bloated and have hurtful gas but I had that since childhood.

I’ve been a stool checker for a year now, but the last cuple of weeks I’ve only been looking and not turning and I was very proud of myself. Then yesterday I relapsed and today I noticed a fair amount of mucus in my BM, I’m so afraid and is convinced it must be cancer somewhere in my system.

How much mucus do you guys have, what is normal ?

Re: Really scared - mucus

Quote Originally Posted by Missjensen View Post
    Hi guys.

I’m 26 and last summer I had a colon polyp removed luckily not cancerous but I sent me full speed back at the HA mill. Generally I feel alright, can sometimes get bloated and have hurtful gas but I had that since childhood.

I’ve been a stool checker for a year now, but the last cuple of weeks I’ve only been looking and not turning and I was very proud of myself. Then yesterday I relapsed and today I noticed a fair amount of mucus in my BM, I’m so afraid and is convinced it must be cancer somewhere in my system.

How much mucus do you guys have, what is normal ?
    Mucus in a BM isn't a symptom of colon cancer plus the polyp you had removed was not cancerous. The colonoscopy took a video of your whole colon and apart from the benign polyp, the rest was fine, so you don't have cancer.
    We all get some mucus with a BM and if you have digestive issues like IBS there can be more. A looser, gassy BM can also have more mucus.

Re: Really scared - mucus

Thanks a lot for that one.

I am super anxious about my overall digestive system lately, have some light brown even yellow stools sometimes I have undigested food in my stools especially when I eat cabbage, kale and mushrooms.. and I tent to have a looser stool at lest once a month if not more often, sometimes it’s really mushy and undigested.

My mom said to me that what I referred to as loose stool, normal non anxious people would properly not even noticed anything wrong...

Thread Information