Thread: Abdominal ultrasound didn't show my stomach and intestines report, is this normal?

Abdominal ultrasound didn't show my stomach and intestines report, is this normal?

Hi I just had an abdominal ultrasound this morning because of a severe lower back pain and also stomach sharp pains for a "confirmed" UTI or cistitis (I have a lot of bacteria and epithelial cells in my urine and also protein traces). It lasted around 10 mins and got the results right after. The report says that my liver, bile duct, pancreas, spleen and abdominal aorta are normal. Left kidney is normal but my right one has a lithiasis with light ectasia (Don't know if that's the correct term in english) and that might be due to a kidney stone. Now I know that my kidneys are ok is just this annoying supected kidney stone and the pain but they prescribed me antibiotics, painkiller and a new diet BUT prior to this visit to the doctor my fear was an ovarian cancer that had methastized to my stomach or something beacuse it is a bit bloated although I don't any cancer family history (none of my grandparents, parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins).

So my question is, is it normal that an abdominal ultrasound wouldn't show/report something about my stomach, intestines, gallblader or bladder? I went to a public hospital cause my health insurance was deactivated when i turned 21, I'm 22 now and have Health Anxiety and cannot stop thiniking it is ovarian cancer but God forbid! I'm a bit afraid they ignored something although they didn't seem concerned but there have been multiple time the public services in my country behaved shameless and negligent with their patients and my country in general is kind of ignorant!

Has anybody had the same procedure or the kidney problem as me? Any insight?

Thanks in advance for your replies guys.

Re: Abdominal ultrasound didn't show my stomach and intestines report, is this normal

l have had this scan it will show your stomach gallbladder liver etc,
    there was obviously no concerns
    and let's be honest if they had seen anything they would of
    told you there is no way they
    wouldn't x trust your doctors x

Re: Abdominal ultrasound didn't show my stomach and intestines report, is this normal

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    l have had this scan it will show your stomach gallbladder liver etc,
    there was obviously no concerns
    and let's be honest if they had seen anything they would of
    told you there is no way they
    wouldn't x trust your doctors x
    Haha I guess😅 but my mind likes to think the worst until I end up going for exploratory surgery or something lol

Thank you so much for replying!

[QUOTE=elle95;1813021]Haha I guess😅 but my mind likes to think the worst until I end up going for exploratory surgery or something lol

unfortunately that is the nature of the beast makes us overthink and think the worst

Thread Information