Thread: In the USA and can't smile

In the USA and can't smile

Hi guys, I'm currently on holiday at my father in Laws house in America with my husband and little girl. I should be happy but I can't seem to smile.
    I feel such a let down but my mind won't let me relax.
    I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes before I came out here so I keep thinking everytime I have sugar or don't get enough sugar that I'm going to end up in hospital over here and won't be able to go home.
    I really just love my home comforts and hate being away because I hate letting my family down when I'm feeling rubbish.
    People around me must think I'm.so miserable but my anxieties can make me feel sick, dizzy, emotional and have stomach aches.

I'm so afraid that I won't be able to get home and the flight out here I felt so sick on it and I'm scared on the way back i will get the plane diverted for being dramatic and throwing up but making it into something it's not .

I have a massive fear of vomiting and not knowing why I have vomited and whether it's going to lead to me having a serious illness.

I feel so depressed because I feel down and the health anxiety is unreal x

How do I get through this trip and stay positive x

Re: In the USA and can't smile

pre-diabetes is not diabetes so you do not need to have the same concerns really.

You do need to cut sugar though but it is unlikely you are going to be hospitalised over this.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You got to the USA so you can get back to the UK.

If you can't smile don't worry, just tell those you are staying with that you appreciate them having you to stay and it is nice to see them. Don't overdo it but sometimes just saying something nice creates a more positive atmosphere even if you're feeling a bit crap.

There are lots of things to enjoy in the USA that are not sugary. Try and focus on what you can have.

Also, and apologies if this doesn't help but read something cheering or trashy. When I feel down I like to read Garfield comics sometimes, and occassionally on holiday in the past I've picked up a trashy newspaper usually The Sun. Helps to lighten the mood. Skip the depressing stories.

Heck every is prediabetic, doesn't mean you have it, just like everyone is predeath (going to die at some point)

Thread Information