Thread: drop feeling in chest

drop feeling in chest

Hi all,

for the past couple of days I've been experiencing this random Sensation that I can really only describe as a dropping feeling in my chest. Like the bottom is dropping out or something, or something is falling inside. I've tried to restrain myself from Googling so I don't really know what's going on; I assume they are palpitations but I've never really experienced them so I don't quite know. Any advice would be helpful!

Re: drop feeling in chest

sounds like anxiety to me l get tightness in the centre of my chest and palpitations and alsorts of weird sensations had loads of test comes back fine,my advice is get it checked lm pretty sure it will be symptoms of anxiety

I've had plenty of tests on my heart and lungs that all came back fine and, I'm not crazy worried about it I just don't really know what's causing it

Agree, the symptoms remind the anxiety. But my advise never ever google your symptoms, you can come across weird stuff. Ask for professional help!

I've been having these occasionally for a couple months now. I talked to my doctor about them and he didn't seem overly concerned; but I just got a really bad bout of them while I was taking out the garbage and cleaning up some dried bbq sauce off the floor. It was a lot of exertion but I felt my heart beat up to my throat like 3-4 times and now I'm really freaking out. I've had normal EKGs in the ER before but I'm still worried that something could be wrong with my heart

I have something similar. I may be laying down but siddenly it feels like a "wormhole" opened in my chest and is sucking me in for 1 sec very hard. The it stops and i get scared and gasp for air. Sounds familiar?

Yes I have this exact thing. Ecg, bloods and 24 hour halter monitor say my hearts ok. I feel like for about 2-3 seconds, my chest/heart drops. Kind of like that feeling of being on a rollercoaster just faster and more intense. I can never seem to find my pulse on time to see if its my heart.

That dropping feeling is anxiety. I genuinely didn't believe it was for a good while, but I can testify that it is. Xx

Thread Information