Thread: Comparing a panic attack

Comparing a panic attack

Now iv thought iv suffered with these for years but out of the blue I'm having something different so questioning is it really a panic attack or something wrong with me. I could be in the most relaxed state then boom my heart skips and jumps about and I feel lack of oxygen, I just can't get that proper breath. It's terrifying. Feeling faint also. Now my usual panic attacks are me aware of my breathing. This is something new. So I thought we could share our experiences of our panic attacks? X

Re: Comparing a panic attack

Hi Sammie, it definitely sounds like a panic attack to me. I think it's natural to assume there is something wrong because how can anxiety make you feel. I've had lightheadedness, tunnel vision, blurred vision, heart palpitations, general unwell feeling, pins and needles in my arms and legs, and more - and it is all caused by panic attacks. It sucks, but if you can learn to accept it is just anxiety then it will get better.

The worst thing you can do is Google your symptoms, because you then associate the feelings of anxiety with something medical, and you truly believe there is a medical reason. But there isn't.

I would advise however going to your GP if you haven't already just for a routine blood test to make sure you haven't got anything that can make anxiety worse and they might be able to arrange counselling or something for you.

x

Thread Information