Thread: Highly worried and stressed out for a month about the possibility of blood in stool

Highly worried and stressed out for a month about the possibility of blood in stool

I'm 26 years old and male, and on Sunday and then Monday I had bright red spots both on the inside and outside of my stool.

Having been stressed to death since the start of July due to multiple other issues (which my GP and a GE both attributed to IBS, though without much to go on other than a physical check where they said my lymph nodes or something were fine and some blood tests which supposedly came out fine), I checked quite a few of those pieces on the stool and found that they could be rolled up exactly like tomato skin on the paper. I'm assuming that wouldn't be possible with blood, especially on the lighter side?

I did have two big slices of tomato on Friday, could it possibly be those? I saw some of it on the edge of my stool on Sunday and then Monday it looked more like it was on the inside of my stool, though still looking like skin.

Yesterday and a few days before I've also noticed extremely tiny, almost microscopic bright red spots in the stool, mostly on what is left on the paper when wiping. It was so small that I had to strain my eyes to check the color, but it did seem to be more on the bright red side than brown, though that's not 100% sure.

Could that have been blood? I'm assuming if it was blood it would have at least dyed the surrounding area a bit more instead of being so tiny.

I do also have hemorrhoids, but they have been getting smaller after I've been applying some cream to them so I wouldn't expect them suddenly act up, and not in such a way.

On a side note regarding my BM for the past month, it started with loose stool and diarrhea for about 5 days, moved on to slight constipation and still small and thin stool for the next 20 days, and for the past 5 days I noticed I've been shifting to a proper BM schedule with regular sized stool (besides the red stuff).

I've also been feeling dizzy, especially when standing or walking, for the past 5-6 days. But my blood results also came out 4 days ago and both my GP and GE said that they look just fine, so I'm hoping that is just stress related.

I apologise for the length of this but I've been so stressed for the entire past month that I've been having trouble sleeping early, and even typing this out seemed to help a bit. I'd greatly appreciate each and every response to this.

EDIT: On another note, my symptoms also started immediately after a really bad cold which lasted for about a week at the start of July. Even though the cold is now presumably gone, I have still felt a really small part of my nose, usually either to the left or right, to be stuffed, in such a small way that it still feels like I can breath through my nose fine but in which I also feel it to be stuffed. I know it's oddly specific but maybe someone will pick something up from this bit.
    Last edited by Valton20; 01-08-18 at 22:29.

Re: Highly worried and stressed out for a month about the possibility of blood in sto

It will be food and/or the piles

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Highly worried and stressed out for a month about the possibility of blood in sto

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It will be food and/or the piles
    Much appreciate the reply, I thought the same but it's nice to get more peoples' input on it.

Lately I've been worried about the dizziness/lightheadedness too, which is very annoying for daily life since it seems to pop up whenever I start working on or putting effort on things. It was actually especially intense when going down or up escalators at the mall today. I haven't been feeling more tired though, or at least it doesn't feel like it. Just dizzy whenever I stand for a while or walk/run for a bit. I imagine that's more caused by the stress though since the blood tests seemed ok.

Thread Information