Thread: Fear of breast cancer

Fear of breast cancer

Hi!
    For 4 years today, I've had health anxiety and I'm doing therapy for it for about a year and a half.
    I have this constant strange feel in my left breast that doesn't go away. I can't stand the feeling of my left boob.
    I had three ultrasounds (I'm 23 so no mammograph) and two "manual visits" but nothing showed up.
    I don't know what to do! I can't sleep at night thinking I'm going to die soon. Please help me.
    Should I do another visit?

Re: Fear of breast cancer

No, you shouldn't get another test. You've been cleared. What does your therapist suggest?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi! Doing fine for about 4 months and now back at it again! I can't shake the feeling that I have somehow breast cancer... Maybe I should get another test, I really don't know what to do! I can't feel anything inside my breast at the moment... I have really small boobs so all I can feel is glandular tissue and soft lumps... I don't know how to do self examination correctly... I think I can feel a long lump in both my breast (the one in the bigger boob is also bigger) but I think it's a muscle! Please help me understand. My gyno examinated me and said all was clear...

No, you don’t need another test. Mammograms aren’t the best way to examine young women’s breasts in the first place. Here they’re only done for women under 40 if the ultrasound is inconclusive. You’ve been cleared several times.

There are lumps in normal breasts. If they’re in the same area in both breasts, of similar shape and texture and don’t change much over time, chances are they’re normal breast tissue.

No, you don't need another test. You have been cleared multiple times of any issue at all (which would anyway be very rare in your age range). Here are a couple of recent threads to read that tell you about breast exams and how to do them....however, you will find loads about breast cancer fears on these forums.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225994

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...=215994&page=2
    Last edited by Carys; 17-12-18 at 22:34.

Thank you so much! This really helps! I didn't know if I had to book an appointment with my doctor because I feel no lump in my breast... Now I think I can save this money to buy presents... That would be the right thing to do!
    Last edited by Kiko22; 20-12-18 at 15:22.

Absolutely! Well done you for realising this.

Thread Information