Thread: PI-IBS >Is this what remission looks like?

PI-IBS >Is this what remission looks like?

So I've had what my GP and GI seemed to think is PI-IBS for the past month (had a severe summer cold for a week, then immediately after what was presumably gastroenteritis and then PI-IBS) with immediate constant symptoms (some diarrhea, loose and narrow stool, abdominal bloating, near constant nausea).

But for the past 7 days I've noticed my BM pattern started getting back to normal, like once a day or so, and it also started to be regular sized again, without diarrhea or any need to strain.(I still feel like I have to head to the bathroom a lot but that could be because I'm constantly thinking about it due to stress). My appetite also seems to be coming back, I used to get full very quickly but now I'm almost back to eating normally.

However, some of the nausea still seems to persist (though it seems to be slightly less and not almost all day like before) and I' still have bloating and some random cramps all around my lower abdomen, mostly to the left (and a lot of the time like 1-2cm to the left of the navel) but sometimes to the right. Is this a normal part of the process of remission? I have also been 100% stressed for the entire month about this so it could be that. I am of course in contact with my GI but I'm interested to hear peoples' opinions/experiences on this.
    Last edited by Valton20; 03-08-18 at 21:40.

Thread Information