Thread: Long-time reader, new to the forum

Long-time reader, new to the forum

Hello,

I've been reading these forums for ages and wanted to join and become part of the community. A little background on me:
    - First experienced panic attacks when I was 6. Had bad bouts at 10, 12 and 17.
    - Am now 24 and lost both my grandparents last year (was very close to them) as well as contracting pneumonia and have had another anxiety flare up ever since.

I have a tendency towards health anxiety in particular and am currently seeing a good counsellor. I also saw a counsellor who helped me a lot when I was 17. I've never taken medication for my anxiety (part of my health anxiety is a fear of taking medicine so I'd find it hard). I have a wonderful supportive boyfriend, family and network of friends. But I need to start facing my fears as I need to learn to travel for my job. I've never even flown on my own because I get so scared being away from people I trust, and for work it looks like I might have to go to San Francisco (a good 10-11 hour flight from where I'm based). It will be the furthest I've ever gone from home.

I'm really frightened but want to do it because I'm also frightened of being someone who never gets to see all these places I dream of visiting. Any advice from those who have travelled with anxiety or exposed themselves to their fears in other ways?

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Hannah23 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information