Thread: Starting week 3 on 20mg...need reassurance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Starting week 3 on 20mg...need reassurance

Hi, everyone! I’ve been lurking around here for the past three weeks, but I’m having a tough go of it and decided to finally register.

I’m restarting 20 mg of Cit after about 7 months off (I was on it for 3 years before). The side effects have been much more brutal this time around. My anxiety and even depression have gone through the roof. I’m having small panic attacks each night 2-3 times (when I say small, I mean I can usually read online the symptoms of a panic attack and convince myself that’s all it is and calm myself down some) to the point that I dread bedtime. My stomach is constantly upset—nausea and diarrhea. I have almost no appetite, and indigestion/reflux started big time last night. I’m constantly paranoid I’m about to have a heart attack. My muscles are tense, I’m having hot flashes, and I’ve got a near-constant shaky feeling. I’ve had two “good” days since starting, but I crash again the next day.

I know from reading the survival guide and posts that these are probably “normal” side effects, especially since I’m starting back on such a high dose. I guess I’m just seeking reassurance from someone specifically saying, “yes, that’s to be expected!” directly to me?
    Last edited by jennlou83; 04-08-18 at 19:32.

Thread Information