Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Well, I was at my doctors several weeks ago, and had asked why I hadn't heard about seeing the therapist one to one, and he said I got lost in the system, so I've got to fill out the forms all over again, and send them off, which he said will now take twice as long, so I could be waiting a year to see someone. But I'm doing things to try to manage mine, getting back into my yoga, work on trying to get proper sleep, letting in less stress from outside sources, and eat healthier than I have for the past couple months. If I can get these under construction, I can start to feel a bit better, and maybe start to feel like myself again and work on the things that made me happy before.
    That's a positive start. One of the things that helped me was having people help make me accountable. I had a friend who got me out of the house every morning, rain or shine, to walk. It was hard, really hard but it really helped.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry for late reply, couldn't log in for some reason! I spend a lot of time indoors, which I know isn't great, and a lot has to do with working at home, and my hours are very odd, and not to mention I haven't been getting much sleep 4/5 hours at most (if I get a nap maybe 6).

I've been doing good with getting back into things, but sometimes I can slip back, if I get a chest pain, or if my heart beats a little oddly it can set me off a bit, I try not to panic now but its a slow process. I wish I had a good friend who lived nearby who I could share this with who could go walking with me or just bring me out of it a bit more, as most of my closest friends live hundreds of miles away or in another country lol! Sadly.

I'll try do my best though, and build up over time.

My wife took very seriously ill 3 years ago from encephalitis. Since then, she's struggled with cognitive issues. She saw a post on Facebook from a woman who was looking for a hiking buddy. I encouraged her to reply as she had been pretty much isolated. The post got hundreds of replies and it turned into a ladies hiking group. There's around a group of ten ladies that my wife meets up with regularly to hike/walk. A group of 5 even did an overnight backpacking trip and that's the first time she'd ever done anything like it. She's actually out now on a 4+ mile hike with two other ladies.

Why not post something on social media or look into groups in your area? Advice is just words on a screen unless you act on it. You know your current lifestyle is detrimental so......

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know, I know. I need to get out more, and socialize more than I am. I do like the outdoors, walking and such, so I'll see what I can find around me.

I think I have some sort of virus or something. Yesterday and today I've had a scratchy throat and hoarsy cough. Today, I noticed my heart rate was up a bit. It's normally 60-80's, but today, it's been rather high, from 85-110/115. Should I be overly worried about this spike in heart rate? I don't feel overly warm, I actually felt a little chilly, and a couple days ago my mum was suffering with something similar, except she had a runny nose and so on.

Sorry, any spike in heart rate always gets me a bit worried, but not sure if its related to maybe why I have a dry/scratchy throat and hoarsey cough?

Sounds like it could be a virus, yes. I wouldn't worry overmuch about it.

Do you monitor your heart rate because you have a cardiac defect ?

Yeah, it's been like hot flushes and palpitations throughout the day, drinking of plenty of water. It's the heart rate that sets me off, more so than other stuff.

A cardiac defect? Not that I'm aware of to be honest, why?

Why would you need to monitor your heartbeat unless you had an existing problem?

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread Information