Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Oh okay, that's what you meant. I honestly don't know.

Update: I still have this virus thing, which I've had since Monday morning I think, which started with palpitations or a higher heart rate, then progressed to feeling off, sore throat, then it was hot and cold spells, followed by a runny/blocked nose and coughing (which is what I have now). My temperature was at 100 a couple days ago, then went back down, and it went up again tonight to 98.6 (mine is usually between 96.6 - 97.7 sorta), and I do feel warm and clammy. I'm a bit wheezy but not sure if that's from the coughing and it hurts my chest when I do now?

How do you know if a cold/flu/virus is breaking? Should I be worried about my temperature/ or heart beat being a bit jumpy? Is it due to this?

I'm only getting clear when I blow my nose, no different colours or anything, just clear. Anyone else get any of these symptoms when they get a cold/flu/virus type thing?

Sorry if I ramble, it helps me cope trying to explain things so I can talk out loud about it, as I can be quite compulsive about stuff that's playing on my mind (as most of you are probably aware of).

Sounds like you have a cold.

Keep comfortable and drink lots. Paracetamol as directed on the packet, warm honey & lemon. Steamy showers or baths to help clear the snot.

Get well soon.

(Stop checking your heart rate)

Seems like it is, feels awful! Definitely being having some raw honey to help, and drinking lots of water as well, just seems to be taking so long to clear. Thanks Scass! I'll do my best!

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Oh okay, that's what you meant. I honestly don't know.
    So why DO you monitor your heart rate?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So why DO you monitor your heart rate?
    Why do people poke and prod their nodes until they're shotty, stick fingers up their bum, pick apart, photograph and taste their poo, check BP and heart rate constantly, stick fingers down their throats, post pictures of mouth caves or cameras up their patootie etc. etc. etc.?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 22-08-19 at 20:39.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why do people poke and prod their nodes until they're shotty, stick fingers up their bum, pick apart, photograph and taste their poo, check BP and heart rate constantly, stick fingers down their post pictures of mouth caves or cameras up their patootie etc. etc. etc.?

Positive thoughts
    Because they want to?

I've still got a runny nose, and slight cough. Not sure if it's because of the coughing, blowing nose, but I have a very bad throbbing head tonight, it's like having a tight throbbing band around the front of my head.

Also not sure what is causing my nauseous stomach, if it was something I ate, or if it's a virus or something related to it, but it's an awful feeling, like sicky/queezy feeling, and probably cause I started getting panicky and scared, I feel very wobbly/legs are like jelly

My temperature seems OK 97.1.

Is it something serious? Or is it related to anything I ate?

(I had these chicken mince burgers with potatoes and gravy today, then afters I had caramel chocolate, ginger biscuits and a spoonful of honey). So not sure if it's a cause to it.

I also have a little bit of wheezing (which I know is probably exacerbated with the Propranolol 10mg and this virus/cold thing)

I'm very panicky right now.

Went to my doctor today, he examined me and gave me a prescription of: Prednisone 5mg to take 6 daily for 6 days. I have a bit of wheezing and this virus has lasted so long, so I'm presuming this steroid medication is to give it a bump out? Help it clear up?

I've never taken steroids before, it seems like a low dose, 30mg, I think he said to take all 6 at one go in the morning, so start tomorrow. Any new medication makes me nervous but this virus has been going on a long time now, and it's been draining, and I have wheezing because of it.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all on it.

I'm worrying myself mad that I have a blood clot. Got a little bruise which keeps getting warm. How can I stop feeling like this?

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread Information