Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Hi Kel, I wouldn't worry too much about a small bruise, new bruises tend to be warm, but it usually cools after a while and starts to fade. I don't think a bruise indicates a blood clot, it's probably a harmless bruise you got in your sleep or doing something you didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Hi Kel, I wouldn't worry too much about a small bruise, new bruises tend to be warm, but it usually cools after a while and starts to fade. I don't think a bruise indicates a blood clot, it's probably a harmless bruise you got in your sleep or doing something you didn't notice.
    I am just so paranoid when it comes to anything health related. Like something that's been there for ages but now I notice it more.

Thanks for your help

I understand how you feel, it's a hard feeling to break especially when it comes to health issues. I honestly think its just a bruise, and you'll probably notice it start to fade soon.

More than welcome, anytime you want to talk.

Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Last few days, I've had a dull pain that comes and goes in the upper side of my Ribs (at side of chest just below armpits), main pain is on the right side though, but when I googled about rib pain, the one thing that came up is PE, which is a huge fear to me, like blood clots.

Now, last week, I had bad pain in my back shoulder blades, and was hard to move my neck and all, but that's eased and is better now, but since weekend, the rib thing has been going on. But yeah, I made myself worse by Googling up rib pains, and because the pain is more in one side than the other, and because I had back shoulder pains last week as well, and its just got me very anxious now.

Im 32, female, hypothyroid, slightly overweight and I know I need to exercise more as I have a sedentary lifestyle and bad posture too. But I suffer really badly with anxiety and depression, and this has me panicky after Googling about my rib pain.

It comes and goes, and sometimes I've had a tension pain in side of my head as well, not always but sometimes. Other than that, I don't have any other symptoms but I'm feeling really anxious and scared about this now.

The pain is mild, it doesn't stop me moving, just now and then I notice it, and can feel a slight ache or pain, not sharp just dull, mild.

Would this be PE?
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 10-02-20 at 16:25.

Re: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

The lesson here.

Don't google. Never, ever google.

Also, I bet PE wasn't 'the one thing that came up'. I bet thousands of things came up, and you're focusing on the worst possible scenario.

Yeah, it was one of a few things, others were scary as well but that one always sticks out to me a lot. It was one of those times I just didn't think and Googled without realizing how it would effect me, and then it sent me into a downward spiral of panic.

You need to try and distract yourself by doing something else. Focusing on it is just going to make you feel like crap.

What causes a 'sick taste' when you belch? I have been having this rotten taste at the back of my throat whenever I belch, like vomit. What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    What causes a 'sick taste' when you belch? I have been having this rotten taste at the back of my throat whenever I belch, like vomit. What is that?
    Reflux. Take an antacid.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's awful taste. It repeats for a long time, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to buy some as I don't have any. Not sure if its related, but I've had chest pains in upper part of my chest area, part just below collar bones in the middle left area. Also, my back shoulder blade is feeling quite tender and sore again. Would it be related or just something else?

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread Information