Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Last edited by mischamoonlight; 05-08-18 at 18:40.

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

OK - while I can’t give you an explanation of all your symptoms I can share an experience of PE that will hopefully help. Years ago my Dad went to A&E because of a sudden onset of severe symptoms. He had a very very swollen, hard, red and painful calf. He then began having quite severe chest pain and shortness of breath. Long story short he had a DVT the entire length of his right leg that broke off into his lungs causing a PE. He was in hospital for about a week and after that he didn’t have any issues with it again. Although he was on warfarin from that point. Anyway my point being. He was in extreme pain and was quite clearly acutely very ill, it wasn’t something anybody had time to sit and question. If you had a PE you would know about it.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

Quote Originally Posted by lm48 View Post
    OK - while I can’t give you an explanation of all your symptoms I can share an experience of PE that will hopefully help. Years ago my Dad went to A&E because of a sudden onset of severe symptoms. He had a very very swollen, hard, red and painful calf. He then began having quite severe chest pain and shortness of breath. Long story short he had a DVT the entire length of his right leg that broke off into his lungs causing a PE. He was in hospital for about a week and after that he didn’t have any issues with it again. Although he was on warfarin from that point. Anyway my point being. He was in extreme pain and was quite clearly acutely very ill, it wasn’t something anybody had time to sit and question. If you had a PE you would know about it.
    Thank you for sharing that with me, it gives me a better understanding of things. Glad to hear your dad is doing well now as well!

Why did you delete your thread in Symptoms? All the reassurance and advice gone. Disrespectful to say the least

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why did you delete your thread in Symptoms? All the reassurance and advice gone. Disrespectful to say the least

FMP
    I second this. It also removes information about your state of anxiety and panic that potential respondents to this thread are entitled to having before offering advice.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

FMP
    Scass and I were last ones to reply and she just deleted the whole thread - presumably so it wasn't merged with any more new posts

Never Surrender, Comrade

FMP
    Woah Woah Woah, hang on a minute. I'm not disrespecting anyone, that's really hurtful. I couldn't get a cohesive thread because their were different answers that didn't relate to what was being talked about.

Did I walk into an elephant trap

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    I second this. It also removes information about your state of anxiety and panic that potential respondents to this thread are entitled to having before offering advice.
    I'm not going to keep repeating myself and apologising consistently, it was deleted because I couldn't understand which answer was for which question as they were becoming mixed up so the whole thread wasn't cohesive. I have not been disrespectful and it really hurts when people all start attacking me for something as simple as a thread being deleted. I'm going through enough without feeling like I'm a horrible person for something so simple.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lm48 View Post
    Did I walk into an elephant trap
    Sorry you walked into this, apparently I've done a terrible thing by removing an older thread that I had asked different questions on but became muddled full of different answers. Thanks for replying earlier, I just don't think I can come on here again. I may even delete my account, I just can't cope with this on top of my real life personal problems. Sometimes I don't know why I bother even trying anymore... What's the point in anything.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

@nomorepanic Can you please delete my account. I'm leaving for good, thank you.

Regards,

Mischa.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information