Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit ocd an forum

Quit ocd an forum

I’ve had to quit another forum as they are telling me to believe Solipsism is true and I am the only one to stop me thinking as deep they also told me with my letter box worry to lick the letter box and put my hand down toilet and touch door so I feel this forum isn’t helpful.

The site is called OCD uk not sure if anybody has used it but it doesn’t help I find this forum helps more and people are more understanding. Anybody here used ocd uk?

I will continue with my therapy but I may avoid this above forum dpself help
    Is another I’ve had mixed experiences of it.

Re: Quit ocd an forum

I know OCD UK and I did wonder how long you would be on there as I know they challenge constant posting like you do on here and do not allow it.

They challenge you and make you look at ways to get over OCD and not dwell on it.

On here you do seem to get away with a lot of posts and yet not doing anything to move on and get over OCD. I am not saying it is easy but I feel you are less challenged on here and maybe you need to be challenged more.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I know OCD UK and I did wonder how long you would be on there as I know they challenge constant posting like you do on here and do not allow it.

They challenge you and make you look at ways to get over OCD and not dwell on it.

On here you do seem to get away with a lot of posts and yet not doing anything to move on and get over OCD. I am not saying it is easy but I feel you are less challenged on here and maybe you need to be challenged more.
    I’ve tried a few forums but either get no replies or ones like on here. And that’s they don’t like the subject I had a topic going for a month but it was going round in circles and they felt I could just forget the thoughts easily.

I just feel here there’s more understanding wouldn’t say not challenged but some of the responses like touching toilets for the sake of it I found bit much. Or licking the letter box.

A few weeks back I said I would quit that forum but think it’s better to now it was actually more this forum and a few regulars who encouraged me to go down the therapy route.

Well to be honest you don't seem to challenge yourself very much and don't seem to want to get better and I know some forums will not allow that negativity over and over.

Only you can do this and posting constantly on a forum is not helping to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They seem to be going for the old fashioned "flooding" approach to exposure therapy which isn't as good as ERP. I'm surprised if their Admin think it is given clinical evidence suggests not.

Don't worry about that, in ERP such a step normally comes at the end as it's seen as a step beyond what is reasonable for a non anxious person.

If things are going around & around you might find it's even about frustration from other members. It happens on here, people forget they aren't your therapist or your loved ones and sometimes want to fix people or just lose patience.

As for agreeing with Solipsism what they should mean it's to agree with the thoughts so you stop fighting them and your reactions are reduced away from fear. It's uses in therapy but what often isn't explained properly, from my experience seeing it recommended on forums, is that you are agreeing with thoughts to reduce their power rather than trying to change your beliefs to accept they are "the real you".

I have finally quit ocd uk after a few more nasty posts one was removed as it was so nasty so I won’t be using it now.

It’s a shame because I felt I could use these sites for support for my ocd however I believe it’s actually making me feel worse when people are nasty.

Hope I’m not the only one who has had issues with ocd uk?

Have you contacted Ashley the owner about it Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Have you contacted Ashley the owner about it Phil?
    Yes I told them to remove my account the moderators seem to think it’s ok and it’s me with the issue

I think I just have to quit that particular forum and move on really if the support there isn’t good.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I told them to remove my account the moderators seem to think it’s ok and it’s me with the issue

I think I just have to quit that particular forum and move on really if the support there isn’t good.
    I think NMP members are very tolerant compared to many other forums - even though we sometimes get slated for being too harsh or "blunt"

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I think NMP members are very tolerant compared to many other forums - even though we sometimes get slated for being too harsh or "blunt"
    I agree, KK. Constructive support can appear harsh but I suspect it's not something you want to read, Phil?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information