Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit ocd an forum

Re: Quit ocd an forum

You have to listen to what is advised and not just dismiss it and move on with your agenda of repetition . If you don't understand what is being said then you need to explain this to your therapist.

Phil,

Like has been said you don't show a lot of movement in recovery. I do feel we need to remember your GP isn't helping you and neither is your psychiatrist and being in Scotland you don't have the luxury of the fast access to IAPT like many do. However your psychiatrist did offer you a route and perhaps you should try it?

Sadly, we get into the old issue of member frustration. If you are a reassurance seeker you will post a lot more than an avoider. It highlights any lack of movement when really we have people who say they've been suffering far longer than you...they just don't talk about it. We need to remember this and not invest too much energy in frustration because at the end of the day we are all just false names on a screen and there is an x we can click if we don't want to read something. I guarantee you that if you wrote all this offline no one would even raise things about your length of time struggling because they don't about most of the others on here who just don't post much. Who knows who they are if they don't say? But when you do post people see it as you wanting their energy involved in helping so they feel some investment in you and if they haven't reached a point of acceptance themselves that we need to prevent ourselves feeling drained, things like this happen (and in anxiety we do struggle with learning to accept what we can change, what we can't and what we shouldn't bother with). It's a never-ending issue in places like this with the churn.

But you do need to work on your acceptance of your mental health issues. You say the compulsions aren't working to reduce your anxiety anymore but don't seem to want to acknowledge that compulsions are as basic as OCD gets in terms of understanding what you need to stop.

There are things you've had successes with, I've seen you mention things like reducing the number of times you got out of the shower to wipe. But you need to keep doing it and working on the others too.

I will be quitting these fourms next I never never returned to the other ones. My topic was merged then locked again I have been silenced on here.

You can remove my account.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I will be quitting these fourms next I never never returned to the other ones. My topic was merged then locked again I have been silenced on here.

And that's GRATITUDE for you folks!

The End

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    And that's GRATITUDE for you folks!

The End
    Silenced on two forums and nobody bats an eye lid that sums things up. Sadly these forums have gone downhill so the best way is I leave these forums for good.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Silenced on two forums and nobody bats an eye lid that sums things up. Sadly these forums have gone downhill so the best way is I leave these forums for good.
    I’m not sure what you want from us, we do try and help you Phil but you don’t seem willing to help yourself, and we can’t do it for you. There is no magical quick fix.
    I wish you luck in the future, and with your wedding. I hope your married life is a long, healthy & happy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil, why don't you ask admin why your thread was locked and/or merged? (I don't know the answer by the way, but they must have their reasons) I can see that lots of your threads are still open and not locked, infact most of them......

....but Phil, the threatening to leave thing, surely that only hurts you?

I don't think anything has gone downhill, I just think you aren't getting the replies you want.

SAdly your reply saying you were quitting the forums came straight after Terry went to lengths to reply to you with a fair amount of compassion.
    Last edited by Carys; 23-04-19 at 19:25.

....but Phil, the threatening to leave thing, surely that only hurts you?
    On the contrary, it might be for the best as words on a screen cannot make someone help themselves and ultimately, that's what has to happen in real life. Not being on the forum could be the catalyst needed to do so.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I see what you are saying and I get it, but, let me clarify further........I don't like this 'I'm threatening to leave thing', as if it will be detrimental to the community. I suspect, Phil, if he does leave, will move on to another forum rather than take on board the points that have been made to try and get him to take action. This set of forums can be a great positive place to assist with recovery, and if there are no other methods Phil is employing to understand his condition, then this would be the only place that could possibly give that insight. The insight has been provided many times, on many threads, by many people and I feel he will go looking for the 'magic answer' elsewhere. Community and professional link help has been provided, by venus and many others with lots of ways for Phil to move forward. He has chosen not to follow those through and I think by moving on to another set of forums he will set himself back to the start again - rather than where we have all ended up now, really understanding the situation. I'm babbling, but I know what I mean, if the motivation isn't already there it won't be found by not being on the forum....lol

I hear you. Sadly, some are just destined to chase the wind.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information