Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit ocd an forum

Re: Quit ocd an forum

I've read some of your threads on the OCD UK forum and all I can say is that you've had a lot of extremely supportive and helpful responses. These responses also point out how pointless it is to post repeatedly about the same issues and then ignore any advice which might challenge your OCD.

What do you actually hope to gain from posting on forums such as these?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I've read some of your threads on the OCD UK forum and all I can say is that you've had a lot of extremely supportive and helpful responses. These responses also point out how pointless it is to post repeatedly about the same issues and then ignore any advice which might challenge your OCD.

What do you actually hope to gain from posting on forums such as these?
    Yes doesn’t explain the posts the admin removed as they were rude and also the forum made me feel a lot worse.

If it was helping I wouldn’t be quitting and it’s funny I am also on Dpself help for depersonalization and again that’s more helpful.

I'm afraid it's what can happen, Phil. It happens on here. People have been banned for it, some have left because of being on the end of it.

I think because you have threads that are repetitive, show little movement and ask the same questions a lot some people will get frustrated and break site rules in expressing that. It certainly happens on NMP. And I suspect if your threads were on the HA board you would have been on the end of this behaviour as it's been happening all the time I've been on here.

Unfortunately some people struggle to make progress and confront their fears. I know because I'm one of them. The difference is because I don't need to talk about, I'm not going to get any frustration back. When frustrated people need to take a step back and think first because it's just words on a screen, not a loved one. It can be hard with mental health issues because we are prone to irrational outbursts so you have to make some allowances for both sides of it all but you will always find unpleasant people on the internet anywhere you go just as you do in real life and unlike real life it's much easier to attack people on a screen than when there are the consequences real life brings.

Write it off as a bad experience. It doesn't have to reflect on the forum itself unless the Admins do not stick to their own respect rules as it is often about the members.

Maybe just have a read again of what the Site's Admin has posted re your take on negative posts?

From what I've read it seems like an excellent site for sufferers of OCD because Admin intervene and offer excellent advice to people who are struggling to accept that they need to modify their mindset in order to make any progress at all to manage what is a very complex and distressing condition.

If people get frustrated it is because they want to help you as Admin has pointed out. Admin doesn't see support as offering endless reassurance and comforting words.

Just want to update on this I have decided after some thought to quit/take a break from this site. As you know I quit OCD UK but I was only a memeber there for under a year however I have been here since 2006 however the quality of replies and nature of the replies.

If anybody wants to know why I am quitting read these threads

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...133708&page=18

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...219288&page=11

And yes it is because of only a few member posts however these posts set me back and my anxiety and depersonlzation and deep psychology worries got worse. I've not really posted in the last week or so but that's because I'm on the road to a better place. I will continue with therapy but it's not really working.

I have been on here along time and never felt like quitting however I have seen a rapid change on this board and other sites basically where people are allowed to post unhelpful stuff and social media is just as bad. And sadly they can get away with making people feel worse so this is why I'm afraid I'm quitting.

I won't go into it any further but wish everybody best of luck in there recovery from anxiety.

Personally I don’t see a problem. Some people have spent a lot of time responding to you - especially Pulisa, and I see nothing wrong in her responses.

However, you just seem to be going round in circles, so maybe a break would be helpful for you. Wishing you lots of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really sure what you are referring too. I'm aware some comments can be inflammatory and arguments occur on here but haven't seen that on your threads for a while and not in those two threads either

But I hope you find success in your therapy and anything else you try to overcome this and wish you all the best for the future. You can get better, phil.

It's always a gamble asking for advice on forums and sometimes difficult interpreting responses which may or may not be helpful. What helps one person may be completely unhelpful for another-it would be much less complicated if there were a Rule Book we could all try to follow. I think there are some basic "rules" to help manage OCD and trying to keep anxiety levels manageable is certainly one of these but it's down to daily management when you have had OCD for many years..

I wish you all the very best, Phil and I am so sorry if I have posted anything that upset you. I'm hardly a success story myself.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I have nothing but empathy for your daily struggle and plight, Phil, but have personally found your attitude to be somewhat obstructive and negative. Of course this is partly due to your OCD and other issues, but being here so long and frequently appearing to be moving backwards has frustrated members who want to see you moving forwards with your life after being on this forum for so long now. Remember, we also have our own crosses to bear.

I wish you all the best in your journey - and also marriage.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I have quit another forum non anxiety based due to people trolling me and being rude as they don’t like my opinion on some stuff.

Anybody else had these issues and is it best to quit when people are making you feel worse?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information