Thread: Worried that upper back pain for the last two days means heart attack or blood clot

Worried that upper back pain for the last two days means heart attack or blood clot

Hi guys,

It’s been a crazy weekend for me. I started working at a daycare again for the summer and I already have a sore throat and earache and I’ve only been there for one week.

On top of it all, I was experiencing female related issues. Bleeding for about two months (which has happened to me before. My dr thinks it’s stress induced.). She gave me birth control pills called Lolo and it has the lowest amount of estrogen and progestin. I’ve been on that for two days and the bleeding I had has now stopped.

Anyways, since Friday of last week I’ve had this upper back pain and pain in my shoulders and neck. I’m 25 and overweight, so I worry that it’s due to the birth control (but I started that on Saturday), or it could be from work. Maybe carrying the toddlers?

Today I woke up all achy. Even my stomach hurts, which I think is from the birth control. But I’m worried there’s a blood clot forming in my lungs from it, or if I’m going to have a heart attack. I can’t stop thinking the worst :(

Re: Worried that upper back pain for the last two days means heart attack or blood cl

I can tell you that I’ve had upper back pain so bad that Iran radiated to my chest causing chest pain . I thought it was a heart attack. Went to the ER twice and and it was muscle tension.

Re: Worried that upper back pain for the last two days means heart attack or blood cl

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I can tell you that I’ve had upper back pain so bad that Iran radiated to my chest causing chest pain . I thought it was a heart attack. Went to the ER twice and and it was muscle tension.
    Hello, thank you for the response!

Wow that’s crazy! Did the pain hurt move with movement? Mine does. Maybe it’s just muscle related

Yes! It hurt and the only thing that helped was a klonopin and ibruprofen.

Thread Information