Thread: Lump on tonsil, freaking out.

Lump on tonsil, freaking out.

Hi, 47 male, had health anxiety for 14 years, my latest (thing) has been poking around my mouth and throat feeling for lumps, then yesterday i started feeling my tonsils, they look normal, no pain or swelling, no symptoms, i just felt there by chance. Then i found a tiny hard kind of ball shaped lump, no bigger than a grain of rice, right on the edge of the flap of the tonsil, but it was past the tongue so i can't see it with a mirror, if i open my jaw wide and feel the lump, it seems to move right to the bottom of the tonsil fold, i checked the tonsil on the other side and right at the bottom is a similar hard lump but even smaller, i have never actually felt my tonsils so they could have always been there i guess.
    Then as i was messing around down there i felt behind the tonsil flap at the bottom and i could feel like a small floppy skin tag type of thing, so again i checked on the other side and sure enough there was a similar kind of thing there too, i have contacted my dentist for an appointment but still freaking in the meantime.

Re: Lump on tonsil, freaking out.

You described tonsil stones IMO. Let us know what the dentist says.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah, sounds like a tonsil stone to me. Gross little things, my daughter gets them frequently, but harmless.

Thing is, tonsil stones usually occur in the crypts behind the tonsils, but this lump is along the outer edge of the tonsil, kind of on the flap if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ande View Post
    Thing is....
    Let us know what the dentist says

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information