Thread: diarrhea no cramping...any clue?

diarrhea no cramping...any clue?

hi
    i've been doing well with my anxiety, and have not been on this forum in a while....but...welllllll i have a question.
    does anyone besides me ever have diarrhea without cramping? this past april, i spent 2 hours having diarrhea, just liquid, going about very 20 minutes. i didn't feel bad, or have cramping or anything.
    fast forward to july(so 3 months later), it happened again. i woke up at 5am, and had to RUSH to the bathroom. my stomach/bowels were growling soooo loud, but no pain. again, i had diarrhea every 10-20 minutes, for about 2 hours.
    then, about 10 days later, i had a normal BM(morning), then 30 minutes later, i had diarrhea. only this time it didn't last 2 hours, just went 2 times(so i don't really count that one as the same type of episode i had in april or july)

anyway....i just think it's weird. it's like i have taken a cleanse or something....TMI, but it just comes out. no pain. just like my colon wants to empty itself.

i had a colonoscopy 2014, and was all good, except for a polyp which was removed and benign. so i'll have another in 2019. surely it's not anal or colon cancer right?

Re: diarrhea no cramping...any clue?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have diarrhea every day and never get pain with it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks nicola
    this is the kind of diarrhea that has you running for the toilet every 20 minutes, and lasts about 2 hours. Is that what you have?

I have to go as soon as I get up and then a couple more times in the morning. After I have eaten I have an urgent need to go and then by the evening it settles down.

I usually go about 4 or 5 times a day sometimes more and it is never solid.

thanks. i'm just trying to figure out what is up with me, and trying not to panic about it. it's such a weird thing. it happened to me at the beginning of april(and one time before that but i can't remember exactly when, i didn't think too much about it at the time). in april, i was on vacation and had to stay in the condo for 2 hours because i was just having liquid poo, every 10-20 minutes. i felt fine. no cramps, no nothing. i chalked it up to a bloody mary i had that morning on an empty stomach(although i had done the same thing 2 days before). I don't usually drink bloody marys(except once a year on vacation occassionally), so i thought it just didn't agree with me. fast forward to mid july, and it happpened again. this time it woke me up at 5am and i had liquid poo(diarrhea), complete liquid, for 2 hours, eveery 10-20 minutes. i chalked that up to a rich dinner the night before. then about 10 days after that, i went to a concert, ate like i normally do, drank like i normally do(2.5 glasses of wine), and went to the bathroom the next morning, like i normally do. then i had breakfast. 10 mintues late i had diarrhea. this time, it was only 2 x to the bathroom, not 10, or more. so that might or might not be the same thing. i just think it's so weird to have this "cleanse" type of diarrhea and am worried it could be a symptom of something more sinister. i'm due for my colonoscopy next february. i had one in 2014, and have them every 5 years due to risk. so, surely nothing would have crept up that fast, right? that's the whole point of every 5 years instead of 10. right? right. but that makes me wonder about all the other things it could be.... which are actually very scary.
    then, i wonder, is this a sign of IBS? anyway, i started keeping a food diary, and won't do a bloody mary anymore. ha.
    trying to get a little detective work help, thanks for listening

Thread Information