Thread: Phased return to work - any tips?

Phased return to work - any tips?

Hi all, am not sure if this is the right place to post this as am looking for tips, not offering them! I recently had over 2 months off work on sick leave due to severe depression and anxiety. For the past 3 weeks have been feeling continuous improvement thanks to medication (ven/mirt), and been feeding myself well, excercising, writing out thoughts, taking vitamins and generally being able to take care of myself and making changes. I've got a phased return to work starting on monday and I'm just worried that it will push me back into my old, panicky ways. I hve a long commute, the job is v busy and I know people will be looking at me weirdly when I come back (open-plan office, YAY) as some will likely know why i was off. Any tips on how i can cope with this and not spiral into my old panic routine? I really want this to work out - I don't want to go backwards!!! Anyone been in a similar situation, and how did you cope wth it? All advice gratefully received thank you

Re: Phased return to work - any tips?

Hi,
    not got any advice but just wanted to say well done on making progress.
    Sending best wishes for an excellent return to work

Hi Vicky, thank so much! Appreciate it. Here's to looking forward. Will keep posting on NMP with progress

Well I got there, and did it returning to work is undeniably pretty scary after being signed off for so long, but to anyone out there who is thinking of doing it, a phased return is so good - when you're ready. Occupational Health should always offer it. To all anxiety and depression sufferers out there, you can get better and you can do it. Only 6 weeks ago I thought I would never, ever get better. Just give your medication plenty of time to work and look after yourself as best you can xx I will stay on NMP and offer my support. The NMP forum is priceless. Thank you NMP

woohoo great news

Thread Information