Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't stop worrying that I'm about to die of bowel cancer

Re: Can't stop worrying that I'm about to die of bowel cancer

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Anyone know if the specifically constant feeling of incomplete evac is from IBS or not?
    Guess you didn't download the FREE CBT course yet eh?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts
    There's positive thoughts...and then there's wishful thinking

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts
    I have, and am actually working through it. It's just that the "tenesmus" is at an all time high and I honestly can't sleep (it's 12:30 AM here) because of it. Any solutions? Also, the pain isn't really that prevalent anymore. Either way I will also try adding more fiber.

Workbooks seem OK, but are there any home remedies for tenesmus because it's actually really uncomfortable? Also, I'm still worrying quite a bit, but I will try the strategies mentioned in the booklets.

I'm going to try only checking symptoms once a week, then eventually once a month (once a week for weighing because that's pretty OK), and also eventually stop asking for reassurance, but for now I'm not sure what to do really.

Also, the only symptoms I've got right now are tenesmus, occaisional mild abdominal cramps, and some perceived fatigue in my limbs. Despite that, I still seriously believe I've got CRC. Man, the mind is a crazy thing.

Since it doesn't seem like your parents are willing to help, perhaps when school starts for you, you can see the school counselor and ask for help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Red face Realized that I've had my symptoms for longer than I thought, really scared now

Just as I was getting somewhat better from a bowel cancer fear, I remembered that my symptoms were getting worse throughout the last many months. The symptoms are basically just the constant feeling that there's something in my rectum that needs to come out, and some tiredness. To me, the fatigue is from blood loss and the incomplete feeling is a tumor in my bowel. I'm now also getting pains that are like gas pains, and I'm thinking that the cancer has trapped a whole bunch of gas in me. Please help, I want to sleep tonight so I don't feel worse. I know it makes no sense because most of the time you don't only present with an incomplete feeling, you also have bleeding (but that can be invisible, so there we go again), a change in bowel habits, weight loss, or something else, but because anxiety is what it is I can't really shake off all my negative thoughts. And God knows if I'll get any reasonable amount of sleep tonight. (this happening right as I started some CBT-type stuff doesn't help either)

Re: Realized that I've had my symptoms for longer than I thought, really scared now

I am not trying to diagnose you, but my wife had the same feeling, and it was internal hemorrhoids. She had them operated on, and no problems. The anxiety could absolutely cause the fatigue.

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Also, if you exercise, or even go for a walk, not only will it help burn off the anxiety, it will also work the gas through your system.

Re: Realized that I've had my symptoms for longer than I thought, really scared now

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    I am not trying to diagnose you, but my wife had the same feeling, and it was internal hemorrhoids. She had them operated on, and no problems.
    I have been straining regularly for the past... many months... so. I'm not straining too hard, but the repeated straining is probably doing something. In fact, I might be feeling them when I, well, unroll the paper. No pain or bleeding, just that weird feeling, but thanks for the tip. Still need to calm myself the heck down, though, this is one of the only times I've actually felt a huge rush of something, probably the fight/flight response.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Also, I've had this irritated itchy throat feeling pretty much constantly for around a month now, so that's obviously lung cancer.

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

OK, at this point my thoughts are basically that I can't possibly be wrong, and I must have bowel cancer. Which makes no sense, as I only have one major symptom that can't be attributed to anything else, the tenesmus (I think that's what it is), which usually comes after all the bleeding, and shows up late, but never early. Also, a week ago (maybe a month into my bowel cancer scare), I committed a cardial sin and looked up case reports for people my age, which happened to a) not have tenesmus listed at all, b) all have colicky abdominal pain (my pain is more crampy and is very tolerable and definitely not "severe"), and c) pretty much all feel sick (vomiting, dizziness, etc.). Despite all of that actually going in my favor, I've decided that I must have cancer because the other options don't make sense. Please help.

---------- Post added 14-08-18 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 13-08-18 at 23:40 ----------

Someone please help me, I'm honestly panicking a lot right now. I feel like because the only symptom I have is tenesmus, that it can't be hemorrhoids because those would itch or at least bleed or something. I feel like it can't really be IBS anymore because I don't really get pain anymore, and I'm not really constipated or anything. I'm honestly really afraid of the worst right now

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

:( oof

Just had a lot smaller thin stools, came out quite easily but I'm scared it's a tumor that's been blocking them causing them to be smaller. Panic

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

And now I've lost 2 pounds in weight. Not to mention, I feel weaker day by day.

I have had that before several times over the years. Each time it eventually went away on its own.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information