Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't stop worrying that I'm about to die of bowel cancer

Re: Can't stop worrying that I'm about to die of bowel cancer

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I have had that before several times over the years. Each time it eventually went away on its own.
    ...really? I mean, it's been over a month since mine started, and it might be slowing down, not sure. But thanks! The weight loss and gas-like pains & bloating (which could be explained by my 10:30PM cup of edamame for yesterday, but not today) are reaaaally getting me. Plus, this morning I felt a 3-4 inch hard spot above my navel, which I thought could be tumors, but I can't really feel it anymore. This sucks. :(

Dang, I just realized that the corn I had last night at 9 could've caused my bloating and gas today. Still paranoid that it's cancer, though

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Dang, I just realized that the corn I had last night at 9 could've caused my bloating and gas today. Still paranoid that it's cancer, though
    You can absolutely not have bowel cancer at age 13. It is medically impossible. You need to be at least 30 and even then it is extremely rare. 99% of people who get it are over 50.

Seriously, fearing bowel cancer at your age is like fearing you'll be eaten by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. I am not kidding.

Margaret Thatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Andrash View Post
    You can absolutely not have bowel cancer at age 13. It is medically impossible. You need to be at least 30 and even then it is extremely rare. 99% of people who get it are over 50.
    As much as I'd like to believe that that actually isn't true, there are many reports of CRC in people my age (that had many more and much worse symptoms than me, but I've got HA so that's pretty irrelevant) and even lower. They probably had Lynch Syndrome or something, but I just can't get my mind off it.

Also, I'm the type of person that would accept that it was an impossibility if it was actually an impossibility, or only one or two cases happened in my country per year (CRC is around 4 or 5 cases a year, extrapolating from UK data). I actually worried about lung cancer a few weeks ago, but that had 0 cases in the 10-14 age group, and I just stopped thinking about it afterwards. But... surprise! 9 males from 10-14 got CRC in the UK, and, well, numbers above 2 make me uneasy for some reason. ;-;

Aaaah, the incomplete feeling is really bad now, and I'm getting random abdominal pains (not bad, various types but mild), still a bit bloated, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?

Have you been to the doctor? Five minutes and a digital rectal exam and most doctors can sort out what's wrong with you right there. All this would. E behind you.

As much as I'd like to believe that that actually isn't true, there are many reports of CRC in people my age (that had many more and much worse symptoms than me, but I've got HA so that's pretty irrelevant) and even lower. They probably had Lynch Syndrome or something, but I just can't get my mind off it.
    There have also been many reports of alien abductions.

Margaret Thatcher

I have been to my family doctor, but she just slams everything under anxiety, which is definitely a huge factor, but I'm 99% sure that I actually do have something, just not cancer. Right now I'm in a rare mentally stable point, now I'm just waiting for me to think about what would happen if I died from ca--

...damnit.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Also, I'm just gonna attribute the muscle fatigue to growing, as I've grown 2cm in the last week, and today I woke up and my left calf was hurting, which is the most common place for growing pains. Cool, no growth retardation.

What is scaring me is my weight, as it seems like I've lost another 2 pounds since the last time I weighed, around a week ago. I have been weighing at the same time, but our scale may be inaccurate to 1 pound, as I can lift my heels up, put them down, and have the scale show a number 1 pound higher. Why am I thinking so much?

Also, I also get shortness of breath, and and increasingly dizzier every day. Sometimes, I'll walk around a corner and I'll have to really twist my upper body because my feet landed in the wrong place. As for the SOB I only really get that when I think about it. Speaking of only getting things when thinking of them, when I wake up in the morning, it's kind of like booting up a computer. The fans start spinning, then the monitor lights up and stuff happens. I wake up, feel fine, then realize, one by one, all my symptoms. That could just be, well, waking up, though. I remember from many weeks ago, I could distract myself, and when not paying attention to it, it disappeared, but that's with everything I guess. WHY DO I STILL THINK THIS IS CANCER?! aaaaaaa

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

What's really bothering me right now is that when I pull in my abdomen and make it flat it hurts like with gas pain. I have a feeling that I probably shouldn't be pulling my abdomen in flat in the first place, but it's still bothering me because now I think it's some tumors pushing on the abdominal wall. Also still have tenesmus

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Also, when I push in on the area a few centimeters to the right of the left protruding pelvic bone part (or whatever it's called, idk), it feels harder than the right, and I'm afraid that that's a tumor

Are you and Toby twins?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have been to my family doctor, but she just slams everything under anxiety, which is definitely a huge factor, but I'm 99% sure that I actually do have something, just not cancer. Right now I'm in a rare mentally stable point, now I'm just waiting for me to think about what would happen if I died from ca--

...damnit.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Also, I'm just gonna attribute the muscle fatigue to growing, as I've grown 2cm in the last week, and today I woke up and my left calf was hurting, which is the most common place for growing pains. Cool, no growth retardation.

What is scaring me is my weight, as it seems like I've lost another 2 pounds since the last time I weighed, around a week ago. I have been weighing at the same time, but our scale may be inaccurate to 1 pound, as I can lift my heels up, put them down, and have the scale show a number 1 pound higher. Why am I thinking so much?

Also, I also get shortness of breath, and and increasingly dizzier every day. Sometimes, I'll walk around a corner and I'll have to really twist my upper body because my feet landed in the wrong place. As for the SOB I only really get that when I think about it. Speaking of only getting things when thinking of them, when I wake up in the morning, it's kind of like booting up a computer. The fans start spinning, then the monitor lights up and stuff happens. I wake up, feel fine, then realize, one by one, all my symptoms. That could just be, well, waking up, though. I remember from many weeks ago, I could distract myself, and when not paying attention to it, it disappeared, but that's with everything I guess. WHY DO I STILL THINK THIS IS CANCER?! aaaaaaa

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

What's really bothering me right now is that when I pull in my abdomen and make it flat it hurts like with gas pain. I have a feeling that I probably shouldn't be pulling my abdomen in flat in the first place, but it's still bothering me because now I think it's some tumors pushing on the abdominal wall. Also still have tenesmus

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Also, when I push in on the area a few centimeters to the right of the left protruding pelvic bone part (or whatever it's called, idk), it feels harder than the right, and I'm afraid that that's a tumor
    Also, when I pull my thirteenth eyelash from left at my left eye, I feel sharp pain, while when I pull my thirteenth eyelash from left at my right eye, there is no pain. There is probably a tumour in the base of my thirteenth eyelash from left at left eye.

Margaret Thatcher

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information