Thread: I’d love some advice please🙏🏼 Esophagus issue

I’d love some advice please🙏🏼 Esophagus issue

I have the oddest symptoms. I’m a lady 43 years old. Started with a sudden sore throat. I can see I have a stone on one of my tonsils. No fever or anything. I have the weirdest feeling that when I swallow it feels like a lump going down to my sternum. When I swallow My throat is sore but it also feels like food or something keeps going up and down my esophagus. I went to a clinic doc today who was a dip. She didn’t even take my temp or feel my glands etc. she barely listened and mentioned I might need a scope or hpylori.

It’s worth mentioning my husband these exact same symptoms for two weeks. Being an admitted hypochondriac I’m terrified of esophageous C. Ugh. Last night I had horrendous acid reflux along with this. Then this morning it hurts near my sternum when I take a deep breath. Also, when I burp it hurts my throat and eaophagus like trapped wind.

I just had an entire cardiac workup. 8 day Holter monitor, echo, stress echo and EKG, all of which were okay.

Seriously scared to death

I’d love some advice

Re: I’d love some advice please🙏🏼 Esophagus issue

Hi, I've had this before and having a virus with a sore throat makes things worse. It can cause a lump in the throat sensation.

I've also had the food sticking in the oesophagus feeling which in my case is due to some motility issues and sometimes reflux. I had a gastroscope to look down my oesophagus and stomach and all was fine apart from a bit of benign inflammation in upper stomach.

I've also had H-Pylori 15 years ago and had treatment for it, so it's good to get this tested.

PS. Anxiety does make this worse!

I can’t thank you e Pugh for the helpful words. I’m so scared sometimes it makes me unable to function. I’m happy to hear you’re okay. Thank you for the help

Hi ,reading this could be me! Read my last post we are so similar it is painful and scary bless you x

Thread Information