Thread: I'm feeling a little uneasy in regards to symptoms I seem to be showing.

I'm feeling a little uneasy in regards to symptoms I seem to be showing.

So it's been 3 weeks since my dog bite and while my fear of rabies has calmed quite a bit, i have become more worried about some of my symptoms and what they mean, even if they likely aren't related to my prior fear.

I've just had periods of constipation and the "runs" so to speak, and in addition, frequent headaches. Not daily for any of these symptoms but they do happen more often than I'd like. I banged my head hard against a hard object last summer and I got a CT scan showing no damage. But my symptoms then were dizziness and things spinning.

I don't know what to think because headaches are a bigger concern to me because it makes me want to check my temperature to make sure no fever. I ache quite a bit but then again, I worked a tough shift, then went bowling a few hours later so naturally i should feel sore. I know this seems all out of sorts but yeah, i don't know know what to make of it all. Could each be caused by specific things.

I have had IBS symptoms for quite a while and my dad suggests I have that like he does. But it was more noticeable after the dog bite happened, the very next day actually. But since it's been 3 weeks, no way it's related to anything from the bite. I just know I eat Flaming Hot potato chips and I think that might be what is doing it.

Re: I'm feeling a little uneasy in regards to symptoms I seem to be showing.

Sounds like anxiety to me, honestly.

The symptoms are definitely real and the longer they persist, the more I worry. The frequent headaches are a main concern to me. It just feels like the pressure around the head kind of headache and it's near every day. It goes way with pain killers but it's just frustrating I can't go most days with no worries on headaches.

I work outside for my job and I'm thinking that might have something to do with it. The weather changes and allergies, etc could play a role.

Aside from that, i'm sore all over and I think it's from 3 hours of Bowling because I generally am sore from that. Idk any other explanation for the soreness unless it's the R word but it seems unlikely.

Rabies is all but impossible. I had a headache for seven months straight without respite when I was "sure" I had a brain tumor some 30 years ago. Anxiety makes you hyper focus on symptoms, which makes them linger on forever.

What everyone else is saying is correct. Besides that, when anxiety comes, the gut is often one of the first things that is affected. This is because the brain and the gut are strongly connected, as the gut has an incredible amount of neurons, which is also why you feel nervous in the stomach first, and not the chest, arms, or something else. Anxiety kind of throws off the brain, which then throws off the gut, which often causes IBS-like symptoms. Also, people with IBS tend to have much worse symptoms when anxious or depressed. (if you want more info it's called the brain-gut axis)

Thread Information