Page 183 of 290 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Even if I had cancer nothing could be done about it yesterday and ruining my day out wasn’t going to change if I had cancer or not. So I relaxed (it took a few hours). I laughed and smiled. Im so glad I did now.
    Unicorn, that is exactly how I got over my extreme HA some 20 plus years ago......I actually accepted that IF I did have X, Y, Z then I might as well get on with it and enjoy my time here/my day. It was a desperate acceptance, almost, that life is about living today and for today and anything could happen tomorrow but I was going to smile, laugh with people, love, and at least do what I could enjoy today.
    Last edited by Carys; 23-06-19 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Unicorn, that is exactly how I got over my extreme HA some 20 plus years ago......I actually accepted that IF I did have X, Y, Z then I might as well get on with it and enjoy my time here/my day. It was a desperate acceptance, almost, that life is about living today and for today and anything could happen tomorrow but I was going to smile, laugh with people, love, and at least do what I could enjoy today.

It was tough yesterday but I did it. I think it’s a case of retraining your brain really. Also accepting we ultimately only have so much control over our lives is a must too, think that’s what most of us struggle with. Fear of the unknown.

With my obsession over my boobs, I’ve been looking a lot on the forum. Your name pops up often and you’ve helped settled me down at times. Obviously reassurance only lasts so long but it’s good to have someone putting some perspective on things. Especially when they are knowledgable. Thanks for your contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    THAT'S AMAZING! I know it's the absolute best feeling when you have a clear results, nothing can replicate it

What were your symptoms?
    I have had a change in bowel habit for about 2 years, quite loose but sometimes can go days without going but its still loose. I have quite a lot of mucas, blood (2 incidents of loads of blood and this carried on for a week) gas, stomach pain.

I could see my bowel while they were doing it and could see there wasnt so much as a polyp.

Yet within two hours i was thinking ok well my first symptom was burping (which i still have all the time) isnt that stomach cancer? It must be that then...

The last week i think i have managed to come to terms with the fact i have health anixety, but it has taken me 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post

I definitely think my symptoms are diet and stress related, stress especially, I find as soon as I stop worrying and stop eating junk my stools go back to normal but obviously when you're caught in a cycle it's hard to get back to normal, and you find yourself jumping from the extremes, constipation to diarrhea, very quickly
    Keep saying and start believing it

Hi everyone,

It's been over 2 weeks since I last posted on this thread and that's because I've really stopped worrying about my bowels altogether, for now at least

I also now take my dog on daily walks too in the evening, I agree it's very relaxing. Though the other week the pollen count was high and it caused my eyes to go all puffy to the point where I couldn't see much out of them and I was sneezing all the way

Re: Blood in stool!

Hi Toby, glad to hear you are doing better. Great progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. I really spoke to soon

Long story short(ish):

Last night I had a takeaway and Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

I've made like 3-4 visits to the toilet over the past 9 hours, each time for around 5-6 minutes and the stool has been loose obviously and there's been a lot of I guess straining

I looked down during the fourth visit which was like 10 minutes ago and the stool didn't look concerning at all

But then for some reason, weirdly, I thought, before wiping, I bet I'll wipe and blood will be on the paper

And then I wiped, and it was. Am I psychic all of a sudden?

It was like more of a dull red, not dark, but not light either. I don't know how best to describe it

I looked down in the toilet bowl and there was a tiny bit which was the most recent bit that came out that had a streak of red of the same shade on it

But the rest of the stool was normal looking, so the bleed would've been very recent but why wasn't it light blood? Maybe it got mixed up with the brown of the stool or something?

I know it was probably caused by straining and visiting the toilet four times in one night but why wasn't the blood bright red?

I also stuck my finger up there to see if there'd be blood on the end of it to tell if it was hemorrhoids... there was no blood on my finger

So what could it be?

My holiday is in less than TWO WEEKS :(

Also my anus did feel a bit heavy and maybe like swollen inside after all that straining so I wouldn't be surprised if that caused the blood but why wasn't it bright red?

At least the stool itself was a normal colour and everything... but agh :(

Anyone? :(

Just don't go asking your mother if you can check her anus.

Page 183 of 290 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast

Thread Information