Page 43 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I keep freaking out over random vague aches and pains across my abdomen and sometimes in my back

and TMI but..

the mucus is literally like yellow glue, it's so weird and scary and I find myself sometimes just passing that

and once when I strained, I had a vague sense of pressure in one particular spot in the left side of my abdomen, could that be where a possible tumour is?

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

and I seem to be feeling tired again for no reason.. this is making me so angry and anxious :(

You're feeling anxious and tired, but have no idea why you're feeling tired? Answer is in your post

Your body is on edge and so it constantly on high alert. It can't sustain that, which is where your tiredness comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    ehh.. you know.. hypochondria.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    You're feeling anxious and tired, but have no idea why you're feeling tired? Answer is in your post

Your body is on edge and so it constantly on high alert. It can't sustain that, which is where your tiredness comes in.
    The only thing is.. the tiredness is why my bowel cancer worry started again

and it could be because of a change in my sleeping pattern.. before I'd stay up late like every night and sleep at 6-8am and wake at like 6pm (bad I know) but recenetly I've been sleeping at 7-8pm and waking at 6am

Changing sleeping patterns can make you tired as your body readjusts to it.

Google 'can changing my sleeping pattern make me tired?' instead of googling scary diseases to see how common it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    Changing sleeping patterns can make you tired as your body readjusts to it.

Google 'can changing my sleeping pattern make me tired?' instead of googling scary diseases to see how common it can be.
    I can imagine that it does because I'm never up as early as I am

it's just frustrating because it fuels this worry

Toby after your visit to chat can I suggest that you look at this thread.

Please read it and compare the same logic that you show in your thread

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193223

And I repeat that has been said here and that I reminded you of in chat, prepare you bullet points, including your irrational thinking and behaviour and see you GP

I have UC so that puts me at greater risk of developing C but so long as I get checked regularly then I'm told it's not that common whereas piles most definitely are, bright red blood is a predominantly specific symptom of piles and because you have mucus that's also a sign of piles.
    Worry when you get really dark bowlfuls of foul smelling blood that accompanies projectile motions that goes from 5/6 times a day to 20/30 times a day and makes you think that's it, it wasn't it was onset of my UC, scared the #### out of me LOL so I know how you get sucked in to the deep despair that fear puts us in.
    I suggest you see your GP, not because I think you have C but to get help for your health anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Toby after your visit to chat can I suggest that you look at this thread.

Please read it and compare the same logic that you show in your thread

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193223

And I repeat that has been said here and that I reminded you of in chat, prepare you bullet points, including your irrational thinking and behaviour and see you GP
    I feel like that thread will end up mirroring mine, especially with the number of pages

sure, I'll give it a read. And earlier I didn't mean to leave the chat so abruptly, the battery on my laptop ran out

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaUK View Post
    I have UC so that puts me at greater risk of developing C but so long as I get checked regularly then I'm told it's not that common whereas piles most definitely are, bright red blood is a predominantly specific symptom of piles and because you have mucus that's also a sign of piles.
    Worry when you get really dark bowlfuls of foul smelling blood that accompanies projectile motions that goes from 5/6 times a day to 20/30 times a day and makes you think that's it, it wasn't it was onset of my UC, scared the #### out of me LOL so I know how you get sucked in to the deep despair that fear puts us in.
    I suggest you see your GP, not because I think you have C but to get help for your health anxiety
    Thanks Alexandria

Ironically, I think I'd be less scared if I was vomiting and passing so much blood because that does sound more like UC or something benign whereas cancer is usually more sneaky and subtle.

And unless piles can exist further up in the bowel, which I've heard from a few people on here that they do, it might not be piles because my GP found none in August on an exam. But as people say, I think they may exist further up

I only bled a lot the once and now I just see very tiny amounts here and there which makes me think it might not be piles because would they not be consistent with how much they bleed?

Right so I went to toilet today..

the stool looked normal and was admittedly bulky and hard BUT IT WAS COVERED IN RED BLOOD.

WTF AM I GONNA DO???

There hasn't been so much blood since the day I started this thread. The blood was on the ends and in the (sorry) cracks of the stool.

For some reason I'm not even that bothered, I've had a horrible two weeks and I feel completely numb. I don't even feel like crying. I know I should be.

I've been putting the doctors off but should I go tomorrow... surely they'd give me tests now? IT WAS COVERED IN BLOOD!!

It looked fresh but it was like the colour of the blood you'd spit when you brush your teeth, not FRESH fresh. and of course there was a lot of mucus again.

How... I.... Idk what to do

Page 43 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread Information