Page 271 of 290 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Might be wrong but I might be right..... maybe Toby is scared to use the roid cream in case it doesn't work. If it doesn't, his mind will have further reinforcement that roids aren't the true issue and so it must of course be cancer.

but yes, Terry is right, this was all put on the back burner while you had the agony of toothache. Now that's gone, your mind has reverted to doing what your habit tells it to. Worrying about cancer, which you so do not have.

Use the cream, your bum will thank you

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Might be wrong but I might be right..... maybe Toby is scared to use the roid cream in case it doesn't work. If it doesn't, his mind will have further reinforcement that roids aren't the true issue and so it must of course be cancer.

but yes, Terry is right, this was all put on the back burner while you had the agony of toothache. Now that's gone, your mind has reverted to doing what your habit tells it to. Worrying about cancer, which you so do not have.

Use the cream, your bum will thank you
    Yes, he's said that. If it doesn't work it proves it can't be roids so it must be cancer in his mind. We've told him why that is untrue and just part of his battle.

I think inertia is a big part of anxiety and this is often where many a HAer departs from the rest of us. HAers, the majority I find, are chasing every test going. But other anxiety sufferers are struggling more with inertia due to avoidance. Anxiety wants to protect you in a tiny counter productive bubble where nothing can ever go wrong in life because you never attempt anything.

Why does therapy so often fail? Because you don't change or because you stop yourself trying to? This is why meds can be a helpful partner with obsessive based stuff to bring you down from circle the ceiling.

It's diverse but my experience has been more about avoidance so it's not unusual in the slightest to me if an anxiety sufferer will sit their bleeding all over the carpet than make the leap to call for help. That's why goals and having support can be beneficial because we tend to back out easily to help ourselves but feel more commitment when it comes to letting someone else down.

"Support" is elusive though..no matter what the hype is about the countless mental health support services available now.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Support" is elusive though..no matter what the hype is about the countless mental health support services available now.
    Very true. What I meant by support is loved ones who will see you are floudering and give you a bit of a steer in the right direction. Commit to thigs with them and you will do it far more than some therapy session anyway as you will feel guilty for letting them down for much longer. When I've been feeling dreadful I've got up more times for someone else than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    The pain is along the left side of my abdomen, so the descending colon- would that be Gerd?

I don't know a lot about it, thanks for the suggestion though

I think if it's not something in there taking up space then it'll probably just be IBS which doctors have theorized that I may have. But isn't IBS a loose, umbrella term just for non-serious or non-viral/infectious stomach issues?
    Toby yes and it can also be on both sides sorry havent responded until now been dealing with healing and stress and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Very true. What I meant by support is loved ones who will see you are floudering and give you a bit of a steer in the right direction. Commit to thigs with them and you will do it far more than some therapy session anyway as you will feel guilty for letting them down for much longer. When I've been feeling dreadful I've got up more times for someone else than myself.
    Agreed, Terry. I finally got my crap together because I couldn't handle hurting my husband any longer.

Sorry I haven't replied in so long, I was caught with my dental issues which are resolving themselves now- thanks to everyone for the supportive replies

I haven't been experiencing any bowel problems recently, touch wood

I'll probably use the supplements soon, maybe the next time I see blood? I don't know, right now it's not that important to me

I just came on to say that I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Thanks to you all for helping me this year- even the ones who I've argued with- hopefully 2020 will be better

I did say that I'd stop worrying if I made it to 2020...so far, so good

Well, it's not 2020 yet, but it almost is

Keep that promise to yourself Toby. New Years resolution, no worrying and no googling.

Have a great Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2020

Ghost…Spillways

I wish you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year too, Toby. I'm sure you will have your "blips" along the way but it would be great if you could keep that promise to yourself and you owe it to your family to try your very hardest to manage your HA as best you can.

Page 271 of 290 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast

Thread Information