Page 191 of 290 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I did think; what if the consultant missed something? A tiny polyp out of the sight of the scope?

I know this is really my anxiety though, I managed to nip that in the bud quickly by reminding myself that he's been in that profession for like, 30 years and is trained

Don't strain it's the worse thing for hemorrhoids, try a bowel softener like Coloxyl.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Don't strain it's the worse thing for hemorrhoids, try a bowel softener like Coloxyl.
    Thank you for the advice

I'm going on holiday this Tuesday

a) What do I do if I see blood?

b) How do I not check?

c) How do I stop worrying about this for a week?

I have been for several firmer stools recently and I've checked them all and no sign at all of any blood

And I checked my temperature randomly today and it was 36 degrees c which is good. No fever

Doctors tomorrow to get more Sertraline for holiday and then my phone appointment with Insight Healthcare on the 22nd.

Toby I had the piles before and have seen all shades of blood I tell you what eat or take fibre everyday I bet your pooh issues will clear up

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Toby I had the piles before and have seen all shades of blood I tell you what eat or take fibre everyday I bet your pooh issues will clear up
    Even darker red blood? Not DARK dark but like you know, not BRIGHT. Sometimes I see bright red but other times it looks a little more “dull” like this colour maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I'm going on holiday this Tuesday

a) What do I do if I see blood?

b) How do I not check?

c) How do I stop worrying about this for a week?

I have been for several firmer stools recently and I've checked them all and no sign at all of any blood

And I checked my temperature randomly today and it was 36 degrees c which is good. No fever

Doctors tomorrow to get more Sertraline for holiday and then my phone appointment with Insight Healthcare on the 22nd.
    a) do nothing
    b) flush and go
    c) enjoy your life instead of worrying all the time about NOTHING

We already discussed the colour of red so why are you still asking about it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks NMP. I'll try my best not to look

I went to the Doctors today. I told him about the recent blood sighting and the colour and he said a lot of straining can put pressure on the hemherroids and the darker blood could've been left there from the time before- but then I told him that the "time before" was actually only an hour or so before

His darker blood explanation wasn't satisfying or reassuring but I guess he's the doctor, not me. The only thing is, I didn't see the blood until the very end of the bowel movement/my time on the toilet so if it was from a hemorrhoid it must've been from a fresh bleed else I would've seen it before but it wasn't bright red so was it fresh? Though in the photo it doesn't look as dark as my mind is telling me but then again my flash was on so?

He said that I'm overthinking it, that I had the camera test and they found a hemorrhoid and even small hemorrhoids can bleed.. he gave me some medication called Anusol (the tablet kind) to treat the hemorrhoid. I said "what if the bleeding continues?" and he said "then come back" but right now he sees no reason to give me a sigmoidoscopy especially after I've recently had clear results from a rigid one.

My phone appointment is on the 22nd I think so I guess I have that to help me before I go on holiday

But what if the Anusol doesn't work?

I guess I'm overthinking it.
    Last edited by Toby2000; 19-07-19 at 18:59.

Wait- you have to insert these Anusol capsules in your anus... thank god I googled before taking them thinking they were oral tablets

I haven't got them yet though, I'll probably pick them up after I go on holiday

Wait- you have to insert these Anusol capsules in your anus... thank god I googled before taking them thinking they were oral tablets
    !

They aren't tablets they are SUPPOSITORIES!!!

I told you to get some Anusol pages and pages ago, months ago. You can also get it as a cream.

Just go pick them up Toby !!!!

Page 191 of 290 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast

Thread Information