Page 190 of 290 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    38 people per year alone or less is crazy, even some diseases that are considered rare are more likely in that age range are more likely to develop

Sometimes I forgot how catastrophically unlikely it would be for me to get it but there are people who unfortunately have at my age
    Hi Toby, I wish you could get a colonoscopy and put this matter to rest once and for all. Can't your family pay for you to go privately and you could pay them back, it could be your birthday and Xmas present for the next ten years. Failing that get your Dr to put you on the public waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi Toby, I wish you could get a colonoscopy and put this matter to rest once and for all. Can't your family pay for you to go privately and you could pay them back, it could be your birthday and Xmas present for the next ten years. Failing that get your Dr to put you on the public waiting list.
    Not a good idea to be honest. It won't be enough to satisfy him - he needs to tackle the HA first.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Not a good idea to be honest. It won't be enough to satisfy him - he needs to tackle the HA first.
    Agreed. At this stage I don't believe anything will provide reassurance short of serious work on the HA and his lifestyle in general, which is basically built around fuelling his anxiety.

I had a colonoscopy and it reassured me for about an hour then i started thinking oh ok so its not bowel cancer but what if it is stomach cancer?

TBF i have been alot better since the colonoscopy but still when i get pains start thinking 'what terminal condition could this be'

Re: Blood in stool!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Everyone’s problems feel huge Toby.

I had an ovarian cyst, I was convinced it was cancer. It wasn’t. That felt pretty bloody huge too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn. How long did it take to get that diagnosed?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Your problem is not huge at all - you are making it that.

Start reading the workbooks anyway - what have you got to lose?

Have you sorted your diet yet? Sitting on the loo straining for hours will make things 100 times worse.
    It feels soooo huge

I'm going to download a few things to my phone HA related to read or look through on holiday if I worry

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    I think it would look a bit weird if I asked for a colonoscopy for my 19th and 20th birthday!

If I do, I'll just get a job and save up for it.

I'm off to the doctors again on Friday so maybe I can try and convince this GP, assuming it'll be a different one, to put me on the waiting list

I'm just................................... tired of it all

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
    I had a colonoscopy and it reassured me for about an hour then i started thinking oh ok so its not bowel cancer but what if it is stomach cancer?

TBF i have been alot better since the colonoscopy but still when i get pains start thinking 'what terminal condition could this be'
    I think I would be the same but seeing blood for nearly a year on and off feels more alarming than just a small sensation I may get. I could tackle the anxiety about the smaller things but blood in stools is obviously more alarming and harder to rationalize

UPDATE: Since I last posted a few days ago I've been to the toilet for both harder and looser stools, I checked them and I haven't seen any blood at all

I'm going on holiday this time next week though and my DREAM was at the start of the year to sort this worry out by then... I'm still no closer to the end of it. It feels like it's getting worse and I also have my mum to worry about.

The past few days have been generally okay though I'm just scared things are gonna spike again

I could really see it being hemorrhoids the only thing that alarmed me was the colour of the blood but NMP saying that she's seen multiple shades of blood before with piles reassured me a lot. And I did see blood on the paper too mixed in with the mucus or whatever so it's likely something lower down unless the blood came from higher up and just traveled down with the looser stool, but the rigid sigmoidoscopy didn't find anything except a hemorrhoid. It was just duller blood that scared me

I WAS on and off the toilet all night and strained a lot

Page 190 of 290 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast

Thread Information