Page 270 of 290 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Blood in stool!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s not though. Because then you’ll start worrying about something else. Avoiding the problem doesn’t help, trust me.
    That's true I guess, I'm not worried right now because of my tooth thank god, though the tooth ache is worse than anything

Re: Blood in stool!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    ^ This. And what if your next fear is asbestos? Will you be waiting until you are 90 to be sure you didn't get cancer from it?

As far as the prevalence of cancer goes it's a thought to most people and then they forget about to get on with their days. The rest...well, they are all on places like this with this weeks cacner symptom.

Time isn't the truthteller, that's one of anxiety's weapons against you because it will make you retreat into safety to wait until the magical date passes. How is that recovery?

If I said I was afraid to go out and my solution to this was to stay indoors until x date when I had decided it eas safe again, how would that be tackling an irrational fear that outside was scary? Why wouldn't I work on why I felt that way and prove to myself it was an irrational fear trapping me in the house?

That's what you are doing when you place a time on it to be out of risk. Imagine if you get 10 periods in your life this and you apply that logic to them all? How many years of lost life, and suffering, is that?
    I think I've been there with the asbestos

I mean, I know, you're right.. I have nothing to add, you're right

I did think the other day about what everyone was saying about 'If it really was bowel cancer then you'd me much sicker now' and it's true. Also now I've stopped worrying because of my tooth, I've had no symptoms

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    My answer to the "cancer is everywhere" thing has ended up being "Okay, it'll probably happen sooner or later, let's deal with it when it happens."

You've been told it's not happening for now, so enjoy your health while you have it.
    That's so scary though, but I mean it can't be avoided :(

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    That's so scary though, but I mean it can't be avoided :(
    That's a common fear we all share, not just your own, because as a society we're conditioned to fear death. In ancient societies death was celebrated and seen as the next stage in our "progression".

You have decades ahead of you to do all the things you want in life. You're not an old man in his twilight years!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That's a common fear we all share, not just your own, because as a society we're conditioned to fear death. In ancient societies death was celebrated and seen as the next stage in our "progression".

You have decades ahead of you to do all the things you want in life. You're not an old man in his twilight years!
    True. Not to sound all philosophical, but I'd be less scared of dying if I knew that I'd just die and not come back in any sort of afterlife. Part of why I worry of cancer is because I'm so scared of what happens after death, even though I'm an atheist, it's the fact that no-one knows anything about it. However, science suggests that an afterlife doesn't exist, so I just comfort myself with that

I wouldn`t worry too much about the afterlife, you`re p*ssing your actual life away on absolute flights of fancy and not treating your underlying anxiety, I know it all seems real but lately at least you seem to be realising you`re jumping to cancer conclusions for everything and seeing that you`re wrong. this is real progress but until you get help for the root causes of all this, you`ll keep repeating these patterns.

look into hypnosis, reiki, wim hofs breathing exercises, yoga, community activities, anything that takes you outside of yourself and engages your senses. it works believe me.

Not sure why but I'm suddenly worrying about this again. There's been no trigger symptom (pain or blood), so I'm not sure what's going on

My mind is just thinking blood = cancer

I actually have the supplements for the "piles", they came in the post, but I'm reluctant to use them. Also I'm not experiencing blood right now, so I don't need to at the moment, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Not sure why but I'm suddenly worrying about this again. There's been no trigger symptom (pain or blood), so I'm not sure what's going on

My mind is just thinking blood = cancer

I actually have the supplements for the "piles", they came in the post, but I'm reluctant to use them. Also I'm not experiencing blood right now, so I don't need to at the moment, right?
    Wrong. That's not how they are used at all.

And you know why your mind is searching back to the main source of worry now your tooth pain is receding. Your focus has been lost from a burning issue and it's back to the usual ones. This is why we are saying unless you treat it you will just keep circling back around to it or a new issue.

I'll probably regret asking but why are you reluctant to use something that will 100% help with your symptoms?
    Can you see why I wondered if this was all a game to you?
    You ignore posts full of good advice, post more blog type updates with 'right?' at the end, clearly wanting answers or reassurance, but won't take the risk of treating the anxiety that causes all this.
    Before you reply with your usual BIG TEXT, just weigh this up - I'm recovered and come on here to help, I gain nothing from trying and don't lie awake at night worrying that you hate me.
    Treat the piles, treat the anxiety. Sorted.
    Or are you worried deep down that you are your anxiety, and without all this drama you don't have much at all?
    Read this properly and see the intention behind it. You and only you can get yourself well again.

Bruce's post is not an "attack" on you but one which is probably an uncomfortable read. You are young and don't want or need to be defined by others as a hypochondriac throughout your life. Believe me I know how your ASD can make you feel isolated but you are intelligent and have qualifications and that's a lot more than many people with ASD have. You have the capacity to help yourself with this but for some reason you don't. It would be a start if you re-titled your thread to reflect that you intended to take responsibility for your HA-you would still get loads of response and people wouldn't "abandon" you if they felt you were successfully challenging your HA, far from it.

Page 270 of 290 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast

Thread Information