Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    *puts on my stern mother voice to toby and lunar* listen closely young men when you start going down this spiral I want you to ask yourselves these questions
    1. Does it run in our family such as does mom, dad, brother, sister have rectal, bowel, colon cancer?

2. Do I smoke?
    3. Do I eat a lot of red meat, at least four times a week?
    4. Am I overweight or obese, do I have a big waistline smaller hips?
    5. Do I get enough exercise?
    6. Do I drink alcohol?
    7. Am I fifty years of age or older?
    8. Am I African American or Jewish?
    9. Have I had an exam for these cancers?
    10. Did the doctor tell me I have polyps?
    11. Do I eat a lot of processed meat?
    12 Meat cooked at high temperatures, such as fried, broiled and grilled?
    13.Do I have Chron's or IBD?

If you answered no to a lot of them, and answered yes to the working out and being under fifty you do not have cancer, this series of questions came from the American Cancer Society. There is even an assessment risk tool, I took it, and I can say yes to the overweight and being close to fifty and I hardly exercise, do you know what my chances of getting these types of cancers are ? 0.03 percent in five yeas, 0.06 six percent in 10 years, Its very very and I do mean very rare for you both to be having it at your age, in the case of the young ones that do, they had a genetic disorder, one had chron's and a few had parents that had it, I did extensive research and contacted a friend of mine who is a doctor and without saying names I told them about you both, being your age and such there is no way. That you both can have cancer. What you both have sounded like IBS and a lot of anxiety. If you are that worried go get tested if a doctor has told you you are fine then you are fine, and yes anxiety and stress play
    hell with the body and bowels. Stop eating junk food, start eating more fruit and veggies, and drinking water. Get checked for being lactose intolerant as well, that can really mess your poo up.
    Great Post! You can't be anymore succinct and fact based as that! You can't respond to it with a "yeah but" or "what if" after that because statistically and factually you can't. Based on all the facts and admitted health anxiety issues, as well as being on this forum, it's the icing on cake. This fear, as with just about all the other fears posted here can be dismissed on statistics alone. It's like going out in the cold, shivering and insisting you're warm

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 29-12-18 at 00:08.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information