Page 142 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

You need to drastically cut down on the amount of sugary crap you're eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Today I've eaten a bowl of tuna pasta, 3/4 of a packet of biscuits, three milk chocolate bars and beef lasagna.

Now I have stomach ache and my mind is automatically jumping to colon cancer. I know it's logically NOT, I hope, but I'm just panicking because I'm ironically (for a HA suffer who thinks they might have colon cancer) not used to having stomach aches

I did go to the toilet and my motions were looser earlier probably due to my diet but after it left my stomach feeling unsettled

I really need to stop overthinking it but I'm just so worried
    so a nice healthy balanced meal then NOT

You eat rubbish and wonder why your bowels object. Come on Toby sort this out.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know this is the problem

I eat a lot of junk because it's one of my only pleasures in life if I'm being honest and LOVE food

But then it causes problems

But at least aside from the chocolate and biscuits the rest was healthy today

Umm which bit was healthy? Where is the fruit and veg?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Umm which bit was healthy? Where is the fruit and veg?
    There were peas in the tuna pasta and obviously the lasagna has various bits of veg in

No one in my generation really eats their 5 a day anyway, but tuna pasta and lasagna is obviously healthy in other ways

There were peas in the tuna pasta and obviously the lasagna has various bits of veg in

No one in my generation really eats their 5 a day anyway, but tuna pasta and lasagna is obviously healthy in other ways
    With Respect... Bullshit! That's an excuse and you know it! Its time to take some personal responsibility! And some wonder why I'm so blunt with you?

Here is a list of good and bad foods for IBS and GERD. Keep a food diary (Why not start a Food Diary thread in Misc.?) and avoid or eliminate foods that aggravate your stomach and bowels. Plan actual meals. You can prepare things ahead of time like chicken breast, baked potatoes etc.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    With Respect... Bullshit! That's an excuse and you know it! Its time to take some personal responsibility! And some wonder why I'm so blunt with you?

Here is a list of good and bad foods for IBS and GERD. Keep a food diary (Why not start a Food Diary thread in Misc.?) and avoid or eliminate foods that aggravate your stomach and bowels. Plan actual meals. You can prepare things ahead of time like chicken breast, baked potatoes etc.

Positive thoughts
    That's not respect, it's you cussing at me. It's not an excuse, I do LOVE food and it's literally the most exciting thing in my life, or one of the very few exciting things. Sad but true!

I can't QUIT unhealthy food, that's just an absurd thought. And lasagna is healthy, tuna pasta is VERY healthy. I sometimes do have baked potatoes but they're just bland

I also had fajitas last night which had chicken and chopped up veg in them

I don't know maybe I have a problem with unhealthy food, like a mild addiction that's not an addiction. I genuinely crave it a lot but then wonder why I'm constipated a lot and sometimes have diarrhoea.

I'll confess to that. I am trying to add a few pieces of fruit a day or NICE healthier meals to my diet without having to turn to rabbit food though

Yep, there's a lot of truth in that.

The thing is, you have a health condition that needs dietary adjustment. Your choice is keep putting up with it, and at some point you will have to learn to keep it in your head or risks alienating people, or make some adjustments.

What you will find is that after a while you will be less interested in sugary stuff and find less sugary things enough to slake the need. I found that when I had to make changes. The body adjusts.

Gut flora is very important and has links into mental health. Studies show it changes it's make up to match your diet.

Think about it... crap diet = 142 pages and still going strong. Since you can't quit eating bad, examining your poo and doing extreme self examination behaviors I guess that's the way it is... Carry on

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 142 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast

Thread Information