Page 1 of 274 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Blood in stool!

Hi,

Well I just went for a Number 2 and when I wiped, the tissue was literally COVERED in bright red, fresh blood and there was like a huge blotch of it.

When I wiped again there was nothing there.

I'm 17 years old and the stool was solid and not thinned out or anything. I had diarrhoea a few days ago but that was because of eating a lot of junk food, like I have a terrible diet. There was a lot of mucus though with my diarrhoea- but no noticeable blood. I also haven't been constipated in a long time.

This is the first time I've EVER noticed blood though

And when I had a look at the stool in the toilet (I didn't touch it or anything), there was no blood and nothing was black, it was just noticeable on the toilet paper.

I have no discomfort, stomach pains and everything feels absolutely normal

It looked a bit like this, which I found on the internet, only there was a little less blood and the black thing wasn't on the paper (warning: it's quite disgusting): http://hemorrhoid-treatment-advice.n...ng-324x160.jpg

From a google search, it sounds like it's probably haemorrhoids but what if it's bowel cancer?

Should I give it a week and if it happens again I'll see a doctor?

Thanks

EDIT: Now I think about it, I do feel a tiny sensation from inside that area. It doesn't hurt and it's almost unnoticeable but yeah

EDIT: I just sat down on the toilet and there was a small blotch of blood when I wiped again (I didn't pass anything). WHAT IF I BLEED TO DEATH?
    Last edited by Toby2000; 20-07-18 at 04:40.

Re: Blood in stool!

It's definitely hemorrhoids, you're too young. I had the same thing happen to me last December, I consulted it with my uncle, who's a surgeon for 30 years, and he told me that during his career he only had 1 patient with bowel cancer under 40, he was 38 if I remember correctly. I'm 22 and I still wanted to get checked, and while I had no hemmorhoids, a polyp was found and that could've caused the bleeding in my case.

I would recommend going to the doctor about it - while it's nothing sinister, hemmorhoids can be a pain in the ass (sorry I just couldn't resist that pun) later on.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It will be piles I am sure.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Blood in stool!

Hi,

Well 3 weeks ago this happened:

Hi,

Well I just went for a Number 2 and when I wiped, the tissue was literally COVERED in bright red, fresh blood and there was like a huge blotch of it.

When I wiped again there was nothing there.

I'm 17 years old and the stool was solid and not thinned out or anything. I had diarrhoea a few days ago but that was because of eating a lot of junk food, like I have a terrible diet. There was a lot of mucus though with my diarrhoea- but no noticeable blood. I also haven't been constipated in a long time.

This is the first time I've EVER noticed blood though

And when I had a look at the stool in the toilet (I didn't touch it or anything), there was no blood and nothing was black, it was just noticeable on the toilet paper.

I have no discomfort, stomach pains and everything feels absolutely normal

It looked a bit like this, which I found on the internet, only there was a little less blood and the black thing wasn't on the paper (warning: it's quite disgusting): http://hemorrhoid-treatment-advice.n...ng-324x160.jpg

From a google search, it sounds like it's probably haemorrhoids but what if it's bowel cancer?

Should I give it a week and if it happens again I'll see a doctor?

Thanks

EDIT: Now I think about it, I do feel a tiny sensation from inside that area. It doesn't hurt and it's almost unnoticeable but yeah

EDIT: I just sat down on the toilet and there was a small blotch of blood when I wiped again (I didn't pass anything). WHAT IF I BLEED TO DEATH?
    three weeks later..

and there wasn't more blood that I noticed on the paper when I wiped UNTIL NOW. I noticed a tiny streak of BRIGHT RED BLOOD on the paper. And my stools have all been loose 70% of the time over the three weeks and sometimes THIN. I think this is because I also have anxiety (which can cause looser stools and thin ones too) and because I have a terrible diet of mainly junk food

This sounds disgusting but there's also a slight fishy odour there when I've smelled the paper once or twice to check if it was hemmerhoids, because an odour is a symptom. Sorry that's so disgusting but I was desperate

I've had no serious stomach/bowel pains except for times when I need the toilet after eating a lot or something and it's totally bearable then

What should I do?

---------- Post added at 05:09 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

Bowel cancer symptoms:

Bleeding from your bottom and/or blood in your poo

Yes, a lot of bright red blood three weeks ago that came with a hard stool.

Three weeks have gone by and I didn't notice any until now, which was a tiny streak of bright red blood.

My stools aren't ever really like dark and black, recently they've been lighter brown but looser

A persistent and unexplained change in bowel habit

Sometimes it can be firmer, sometimes loose and sometimes (which happens a lot now) thin, but I do have very poor diet and I have anxiety which I've heard can cause that. But I don't wanna just jump to that as a reason because it could be something more sinister

Unexplained weight loss

I wish. If anything I think I've put quite a lot on

Extreme tiredness for no obvious reason

No. I can stay up all night if I want to and if I am tired it's because I stay up all night a lot of the time and sometimes only get 5-6 hours sleep

A pain or lump in your tummy

No I haven't experienced any tummy pain, more like bowel pain IF I need the toilet and that's more of a discomfort than a pain

Then No, you don’t have cancer. It’s common to have internal piles, but it’s also very likely that your hard poo caused a fissure or something.
    Scary to see, but really nothing to concern yourself too much over.

How about you try and eat a bit healthier, do some exercise or something. That will make you feel better in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep then bowel cancer is definitely ruled out can be hemmoroids or fissures or a number of things, try to eat healthier and exercise more as scass suggested and if symptoms persist and you're worried, see a GP x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I know but I have thinner stools, occasionally with mucus and had A LOT of blood three weeks ago

PLEASE HELP I'm freaking out... what is it about my case specifically that makes bowel cancer unlikely besides my age

You went 3 weeks without bleeding. Cancer doesn't come and go.

Page 1 of 274 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information