Page 280 of 290 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I understand that it's very easy to get frustrated about people when they worry, seemingly irrationally, but it's never easy for the person experiencing those symptoms
    Firstly (again) if it was anything serious it wouldn't go away (and come back again) especially after 18+ months! Secondly you know you have got an issue with hemorrhoids and Thirdly you get constipation because you don't take enough fibre and water which really irritates things.

Constipation can also cause muscle tension (and muscle spasms) which can be painful to both rectum and bladder because they're in close proximity. Stress and anxiety can also cause muscle tension and muscle spasms.

Wow this has been a long, and really informative, read!!

Toby - I’m so sorry for you that you’re still stuck in this spiral. I know you have real symptoms, blood in the stool would worry many of us - however that being said, you know deep down why you have blood in your stool - hemmies caused by a god awful diet regimen. And I say this as someone with a god awful diet regimen lol. I also know that your response to that will be “but they can’t know that for sure because they didn’t test me farther up” or “I don’t have this, or don’t have that, so it must be this”. And I can absolutely add nothing else to this conversation that hasn’t already been said. I think you’re scared of going to the GP because you’re worried about what they might find (even though I think all of us know there’s nothing to find). I also think that your Asbergers plays more of a role than you think it does. My brother is on the AS. One is low functioning Autistic and one is extremely intelligent with severe social issues. So I’m absolutely aware of the struggles that poses for you.

I have pretty bad HA myself. I catastrophize and avoid the doc like the plague. Almost sends me into a panic to think about going. But I still pursued college and just got my bachelors degree a year ago (I’m 40, took me over 10 years!!!) and I work full time. I force myself to leave the house and put my mind to other things. It can be done. I know you think your situation is different - but I’m here to tell you that ALL of our situations are different. We just may not ALL come on this forum to detail our ilown individual issues like you have. But the longer you let this go on, and continue to tell yourself that “this is just the way you are” or “you can’t do things any differently”, the longer this continuous spiral is going to last for you. And I feel bad for you - for all that you’re going to miss out on in life because of it. I wish you the best, and healing in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Firstly (again) if it was anything serious it wouldn't go away (and come back again) especially after 18+ months! Secondly you know you have got an issue with hemorrhoids and Thirdly you get constipation because you don't take enough fibre and water which really irritates things.

Constipation can also cause muscle tension (and muscle spasms) which can be painful to both rectum and bladder because they're in close proximity. Stress and anxiety can also cause muscle tension and muscle spasms.
    I notice last year I had some sensations from inside my rectum, though not painful, it was a sensation of a blockage or fulness but then I realised that it was just muscle tension

So the tension/spasms thing is likely, maybe linked to IBS?

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Wow this has been a long, and really informative, read!!

Toby - I’m so sorry for you that you’re still stuck in this spiral. I know you have real symptoms, blood in the stool would worry many of us - however that being said, you know deep down why you have blood in your stool - hemmies caused by a god awful diet regimen. And I say this as someone with a god awful diet regimen lol. I also know that your response to that will be “but they can’t know that for sure because they didn’t test me farther up” or “I don’t have this, or don’t have that, so it must be this”. And I can absolutely add nothing else to this conversation that hasn’t already been said. I think you’re scared of going to the GP because you’re worried about what they might find (even though I think all of us know there’s nothing to find). I also think that your Asbergers plays more of a role than you think it does. My brother is on the AS. One is low functioning Autistic and one is extremely intelligent with severe social issues. So I’m absolutely aware of the struggles that poses for you.

I have pretty bad HA myself. I catastrophize and avoid the doc like the plague. Almost sends me into a panic to think about going. But I still pursued college and just got my bachelors degree a year ago (I’m 40, took me over 10 years!!!) and I work full time. I force myself to leave the house and put my mind to other things. It can be done. I know you think your situation is different - but I’m here to tell you that ALL of our situations are different. We just may not ALL come on this forum to detail our ilown individual issues like you have. But the longer you let this go on, and continue to tell yourself that “this is just the way you are” or “you can’t do things any differently”, the longer this continuous spiral is going to last for you. And I feel bad for you - for all that you’re going to miss out on in life because of it. I wish you the best, and healing in 2020.
    Reading this thread must've been like reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Thanks Glassgirl, I'm doing better now, MUCH better, compared to last year. I'm not really seeing blood any more but as you may have read recently I have some pains now and then which set my HA off

I'm the same, I catastrophize with every single thing, it's so tiring... except I usually rush to the doctors only to be told it's nothing. Though I haven't been during this new year, which is good. I'm so glad you persevered and got an education.. I'm currently doing A Levels

Thanks, this reply means a lot, I am doing better now but there's still room for improvement as you can see in the last few pages

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Reading this thread must've been like reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Without all the magic!

There have been a few plot twists though, but I actually think it’s lasted a bit longer.

Glad you’re doing ok.

Toby if you had cancer you would be a lot sicker, I lost a friend and grandparent to it and my father in law you don't have cancer, I bet if you ate more fiber, walked 30 mins a day, drink plenty of water and eat fruit and veggies you would improve all those issues you have are hemmies, anal fissures and possible IBS my anal area hurts sometime when going and I have IBS

I know that deep down Pkstracy, and I'm so sorry to hear about that

It's just when I experience symptoms my mind jumps straight to bowel cancer, like it's conditioned to do so

For the past 3-4 days I've had diarrhoea and I have no idea why

A couple of days ago I was a little stressed about something involving an argument I had with a friend, and I was thinking about that a lot

But it wasn't severe enough to cause diarrhoea imho

Like I'll need to go twice a day

My diet hasn't been great but at the same time I haven't overeaten at all

So what could it be?

Cause my mind is just jumping to bowel cancer that's finally showing signs of worsening

It could be anything Toby and you know this.

Rubbish diet, a bug, stress/anxiety, IBS

I go about 4-5 times a day!

The list can go on .........

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Any chance of closing this thread soon? I think we've thoroughly kicked the a*se out of it.

Toby's blog goes nowhere and achieves nothing. His tests came back clear, his diet and lifestyle is haphazard at best.

Vague symptoms, statements, hints, clues.

What do you actually want from life Toby? A big league table of everyones toilet habits?

Have a happy weekend one and all. Do what you can to assist your own recovery.

Page 280 of 290 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282 ... LastLast

Thread Information