Page 236 of 290 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I don't really understand why this thread is still open. I dont think it is helping Toby.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
    I don't really understand why this thread is still open. I dont think it is helping Toby.
    I agree another poster's thread was closed because it kept going on and on and op not listening to doctors or other members.

Admin are watching this thread and we are happy for it to be left open for the time being.

I'm back again... it's been a while since I was last on this thread

As usual, this is pretty TMI..

Over the last few weeks, whenever I've had a 'harder' stool, or most often when it's in like really hard pellets that are often difficult to push out and pass, I've noticed small traces of blood both in mucus and on the stool

I'm sure it's what would be defined as bright red but it's still scary... today I passed harder ones after holding it in for a while and in one of the little pellets it looked like some blood was sort of pressed into it, like it had been there a while. Now yeah I did hold it in but again, it's still scary

It's not a lot of blood, just small traces here and there

I don't want to jinx it of course but now I feel a little more confident that I don't have bowel cancer... my bowel movements and digestive system seems normal besides for the little amounts of blood... but I just have that reaction whenever I see blood

It is October 2019, and this all started in July 2018, so I'm getting to the point where I'm like if nothing major happens within the next 6 months, then it's not bowel cancer

But 6 months is a long time and again, I really don't want to jinx it so... *knocks on wood*

What do you think about this? Should I be nervous? My anxiety about it has been growing all day

I think you have to stop examining your bowel movements because you will always find something to make you doubt the consultant's diagnosis.

Re: Blood in stool!

Why 6 months, why not now? What have you learned in all this time?

I think you have to stop examining your bowel movements because you will always find something to make you doubt the consultant's diagnosis.
    I know, I'm just in a bad habit of checking because I always feel like I'll miss something if I don't

Why 6 months, why not now? What have you learned in all this time?

Not a lot really... I've read stories in the past of people's bowel cancer taking like two years to become severe enough to lead to a diagnosis. So I'm just waiting until I'm in that sort of time frame, 21-ish months since the first bleed, to stop worrying

Re: Blood in stool!

I have become consumed by the bowel cancer HA monster again..

I just checked again and there were more hard pellets and a small trace of some darker blood in the mucus that was on the stool. The blood may have been from the bleed earlier or after that because I had been holding the stool in obviously for a while

But then I put my finger inside (I washed my hands after) and there was no blood on the end of it... suspicious. Could the blood be coming from further up?

TIRED of this. It almost feels like the norm to be back on here rabbiting on about bowel cancer, like I'm back home almost, because I've literally spent the past 15 months on here talking about the same thing. And getting nowhere.

I'm not googling still but I just feel like I should be alarmed

Page 236 of 290 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast

Thread Information