Page 10 of 290 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I corrected that as I confused you with a younger member with the same fears. And yes, your posting patterns are very similar to several others currently posting who are much older than you.

Anyway... I'm out! Good luck to you and I mean that in all sincerity.

Positive thoughts
    I haven't made a post in ages lmao but if you really want, I can direct you to my personal Facebook account and Instagram? I very much doubt you have them but if you do.. just send me a message and I'd be more than happy to prove my identity.

And I appreciate that. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    I’ll ask you the same question in reverse....if you’re convinced you’re going to die soon, why bother posting on an anxiety website?
    It's a site for people with HEALTH ANXIETY.

Aren't most people convinced they're going to die, or are at least ill?

Where else am I supposed to go? Because coming here to channel my, in your opinion deluded, thoughts is my only reprieve and I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say about my symptoms.

I will TRY with therapy eventually but I want to get this problem solved first, otherwise it feels like I'm ignoring my problem

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I haven't made a post in ages lmao but if you really want, I can direct you to my personal Facebook account and Instagram? I very much doubt you have them but if you do.. just send me a message and I'd be more than happy to prove my identity.

Where else am I supposed to go? Because coming here to channel my, in your opinion deluded, thoughts is my only reprieve and I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say about my symptoms.

I will TRY with therapy eventually but I want to get this problem solved first, otherwise it feels like I'm ignoring my problem
    I really hope that’s true Toby but I know HA well enough to realise the chances are slim to none. Don’t destroy your life worrying about illnesses you haven’t got while ignoring with the one you do. I’ve been there, got the t-shirt. That day when your problem is solved WILL NEVER COME because you’ll find another.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

I’m unclear now...do you have health anxiety or are you dying? It seems you want things both ways....you want people here to have an appreciation for your anxiety, but when you’re recommended to treat it you can’t because of a supposed real issue.

Which is it, health anxiety or physical illness?

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    I’m unclear now...do you have health anxiety or are you dying? It seems you want things both ways....you want people here to have an appreciation for your anxiety, but when you’re recommended to treat it you can’t because of a supposed real issue.

Which is it, health anxiety or physical illness?
    I'm sorry I'm just so confused and tired at the moment..

I have health anxiety but that doesn't mean I can't be anxious about real symptoms

I'm trying not to worry so much and I'm not as much as before, believe me, but my mind can't help it

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I corrected that as I confused you with a younger member with the same fears. And yes, your posting patterns are very similar to several others currently posting who are much older than you.

Anyway... I'm out! Good luck to you and I mean that in all sincerity.

Positive thoughts

Anyway, Tony, do know that reassurance actually ends up feeding the anxiety. Sure, it's short term relief, but what reassurance really does is get you thinking more and more about your fears.

Anyway, here are some quick tips:
    - stop googling if you haven't yet.
    - stop checking your body for bumps or pains or that kind of stuff.
    - try to distract yourself, and if you can't, get something out of your control to (go on a tour, something with a fixed schedule you can't not follow).

Those may help you in the long-term.
    Last edited by LunarCoffee; 17-08-18 at 05:34.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post

Anyway, Tony, do know that reassurance actually ends up feeding the anxiety. Sure, it's short term relief, but what reassurance really does is get you thinking more and more about your fears.

Anyway, here are some quick tips:
    - stop googling if you haven't yet.
    - stop checking your body for bumps or pains or that kind of stuff.
    - try to distract yourself, and if you can't, get something out of your control to (go on a tour, something with a fixed schedule you can't not follow).

Those may help you in the long-term.
    I want to and have been trying to distract myself but every little twinge means something to me.. I'm currently constipated too which doesn't help. The doctor said only to worry if there's a constant change for 6 weeks or more, such as constant diarrhoea so that was reassuring I guess

I'm just waiting for something to happen, like I'm expecting to go to the toilet one day and the entire stool will be black

I think because I truly felt as if I was going to die, this scarred me because I was totally preparing for it and everything. It sounds stupid but I was so convinced

Do you remember when you were so convinced that your Mum was going to die of lung cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you remember when you were so convinced that your Mum was going to die of lung cancer?
    Yikes. I do. I'm extremely thankful because I told myself that she wouldn't live to see August 2016 but here she is 2 years later, fine and well.

I will look back on this worry in 3-4 months and tell myself how stupid I was but it's just right now.. aghh. Torture.
    Last edited by Toby2000; 17-08-18 at 09:42.

Yikes. I do. I'm extremely thankful because I told myself that she wouldn't live to see August 2016 but here she is 2 years later, fine and well.

I will look back on this worry in 3-4 months and tell myself how stupid I was but it's just right now.. aghh. Torture.
    You got the all clear. Let it go. There is nothing wrong. Stop looking for something wrong.

It’s torture right now because you won’t let it go. As soon as you start to try and deal with your anxiety you will notice that you start getting better. That’s a promise, but while you’re still focusing on suffering for suffering’s sake you won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 290 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information