Page 11 of 290 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s torture right now because you won’t let it go. As soon as you start to try and deal with your anxiety you will notice that you start getting better. That’s a promise, but while you’re still focusing on suffering for suffering’s sake you won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It feels less convincing in my mind now that I have cancer but my mind is actively trying to find flaws in what she said because I'm just so convinced I'm going to die.

I know I'm frustrating you all but it still feels like therapy would be ignoring a problem. Maybe I have something more wrong with me which is why I can't let it go.. it was just when I was worrying I was terrified of dying and now I feel scarred by that- it's the worst I've felt in a long long time

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

The thing that's bothering me is the fact that I can only feel this bit that feels like it sticks out more in my abdominal wall when I tense and when she examined me, I wasn't tensing so maybe she missed it? I know logically there'd be some pain there if something were to be pushing against the wall but my mind just won't give up

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    It feels less convincing in my mind now that I have cancer but my mind is actively trying to find flaws in what she said because I'm just so convinced I'm going to die.

I know I'm frustrating you all but it still feels like therapy would be ignoring a problem. Maybe I have something more wrong with me which is why I can't let it go.. it was just when I was worrying I was terrified of dying and now I feel scarred by that- it's the worst I've felt in a long long time

The thing that's bothering me is the fact that I can only feel this bit that feels like it sticks out more in my abdominal wall when I tense and when she examined me, I wasn't tensing so maybe she missed it? I know logically there'd be some pain there if something were to be pushing against the wall but my mind just won't give up
    On the contrary - not going to therapy is ignoring a problem.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

Likely not even hemorrhoids. It's likely it was an anal fissure. The vessels in our anus lie very close to the skin and are very sensitive. Sometimes when we strain, we get small tears in those vessels. They cause bright red blood that clots quickly. That's why you wiped once and it was there then wiped again and it was gone.

You definitely don't have cancer. As a matter of fact I've known 2 young adults with bowel cancer and NEITHER manifested with blood in the stool as their first symptom. They had MAJOR issues with size of the tumor.

Lymphoma Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by SetYourMindFree View Post
    Likely not even hemorrhoids. It's likely it was an anal fissure. The vessels in our anus lie very close to the skin and are very sensitive. Sometimes when we strain, we get small tears in those vessels. They cause bright red blood that clots quickly. That's why you wiped once and it was there then wiped again and it was gone.

You definitely don't have cancer. As a matter of fact I've known 2 young adults with bowel cancer and NEITHER manifested with blood in the stool as their first symptom. They had MAJOR issues with size of the tumor.
    Thanks so much for replying. Yeah she said it was a fissure but this bleeding was painless, fissures are supposed to be painful and I experienced very very small amounts of blood on the paper 3 weeks later. So I'm confusedbut at the same time I'm not so worried about seeing the occasional spot of blood here and there when I wipe

Yeah I'm convinced that I can somehow feel a bulge or something in my abdominal wall when I tense , that's probably normal, but it would have to be a tumour in my colon being so big that it presses through. That would cause so many symptoms and I would at least be in pain right?

She did feel my abdomen and said everything was fine but I wasn't tensing so I'm worried she missed it.

I'm also very sorry about your friends

But what’s the harm in trying to deal with your anxiety as well? It’s free, relatively easy and will be a better use of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for replying. Yeah she said it was a fissure but this bleeding was painless, fissures are supposed to be painful and I experienced very very small amounts of blood on the paper 3 weeks later. So I'm confusedbut at the same time I'm not so worried about seeing the occasional spot of blood here and there when I wipe

Yeah I'm convinced that I can somehow feel a bulge or something in my abdominal wall when I tense , that's probably normal, but it would have to be a tumour in my colon being so big that it presses through. That would cause so many symptoms and I would at least be in pain right?

She did feel my abdomen and said everything was fine but I wasn't tensing so I'm worried she missed it.

I'm also very sorry about your friends
    Where did you read that fissures are supposed to be painful? Maybe larger tears, yes but not small ones at all. As for the abdomen exam, again, the folks I knew that had these issues had abdomens so swollen they could hardly walk. They didn't miss it.

Lymphoma Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by SetYourMindFree View Post
    Where did you read that fissures are supposed to be painful? Maybe larger tears, yes but not small ones at all. As for the abdomen exam, again, the folks I knew that had these issues had abdomens so swollen they could hardly walk. They didn't miss it.
    Thank you, I feel better about the abdomen thing now, what I'm feeling is probably normal and I'm just being over vigilant

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Yesterday after around 7 hours sleep I woke up feeling tired (went to bed at around 8pm and woke up at 5am) and that carried on all day, and now after 8-9 hours sleep (went to bed around 10.30pm and woke up at 8.30am) I've again woken up still feeling a little tired and I'm scared this is gonna carry on throughout the day... again

Isn't this further proof that there's something wrong with me

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

I've just signed up to give blood on the 18th of September.. they always test blood donations to make sure they're safe and they can pick up if I'm anaemic or not, amongst other possible things if I do have cancer.

So I can find out whether I have anything that could indicate colon cancer and at the same time do something good

Please help i just went to toilet and when i wiped there was a small trace of richer red bloody mucus on the paper and when i examined the bulkier stool further there was a trace of red blood on it. I am literally going to die. I'm crying my eyes out right now. Blood. Thin stools. On and off constipation/diarrhoea. Tiredness. How can this be just me worrying when i'm literally still bleeding?

I had a fissures, it caused some pain. It took weeks to heal. Like my gp said to me, when you have a cut/tear think about how long it takes to heal. Like everyday or every other day you go to the toilet. It's going to rip it a little bit. I had this issue with blood for ages! My sister had one that lasted six months. Some of the other issues are from being so worried!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    I had a fissures, it caused some pain. It took weeks to heal. Like my gp said to me, when you have a cut/tear think about how long it takes to heal. Like everyday or every other day you go to the toilet. It's going to rip it a little bit. I had this issue with blood for ages! My sister had one that lasted six months. Some of the other issues are from being so worried!
    A fissure is what they said I had and it seems likely but I keep reading absolutely horror stories about people who also thought they had fissures but wound up with stage 4 bowel cancer.

I know my age would defy the odds but there are some cases of it in people my age and my symptoms are just the not so pleasant gift that keeps on giving.. they keep on coming and like.. it just doesn't make any SENSE.

I'm going to go back to the doctors on Monday or Tuesday and ask about this because I am INCONSOLABLE right now. I'm so convinced I'm going to die. This blood seemed a bit darker than the bright red blood from before..

I've been constipated for a couple of days and the last time I went to toilet there were a few traces of the same colour blood on the paper three days later here we are again.. this time there's mucus.

Page 11 of 290 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information