Page 116 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Sore throat. Traces of blood in phlegm. Do you think it is more likely minor blood vessels? Do you see the mental triggers here? How will you approach them?

Thanks, yeah I definitely overreacted there

I think the blood came from my nose.

But recently I have been getting out of breath, or I just feel like I have to take deeper breaths, even when just sitting. I don’t know if it’s to do with this cold or just because I’m unfit because I barely do any excersise, but I’m not overweight

And even though my cold is clearing up now I still get a stitch like pain in my left lung area when I cough hard

Also Terry you were right, my HA is trying to find something else to fixate on. My bowels start feeling normal again so my worrying starts to move towards my lungs.. but I’m worried about metastatic CRC that’s spread to my lungs so I don’t know

The sore throat has gone but I still have a dry chesty cough but it’s bad anymore

However recently I’ve been experiencing random stomach pains and last night I had a random worrying shooting pain on the right side of my back. Could it be something on the left side causing something nerve related?

Everyone gets random pains. If it lasts a while, I just see a doctor.

Here I am again. I knew it wouldn't be long until something else happened.

I just went to toilet and I told myself I wouldn't look in the bowl, but I did for some reason, and when I looked/inspected there were 5-6 small traces of blood over numerous pieces of stool. NOT bright bright red blood though but not dark.. just rich coloured.

The stool was very hard and lumpy and there was one larger lumpy one so obviously it could've been a fissure or whatever but I'm still worried because it's been 9 months exactly since I first saw blood and now here I am again, seeing blood.

The consultation is on the 26th, this Friday. Obviously they won't perform any tests on the day but I'm closer to finding out what's happening.. I'm scared though because I just have a bad feeling

Help?

You're receiving help later this week, from an expert who knows better than anybody here does.

Try to focus on the present and avoid obsessing about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're receiving help later this week, from an expert who knows better than anybody here does.

Try to focus on the present and avoid obsessing about the future.
    I just hope it's hemorrhoids.. could it still be hemorrhoids if the GP didn't feel any in August last year and I'm STILL seeing blood, 9 months on?

I'm not the expert. That's okay, though, because you're seeing an expert really soon.

Happy Easter, by the way! I hope you're planning on celebrating with seasonally appropriate amounts of chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm not the expert. That's okay, though, because you're seeing an expert really soon.

Happy Easter, by the way! I hope you're planning on celebrating with seasonally appropriate amounts of chocolate.
    I just read that they could check my rectum with a rigid sigmoidoscopy which is often done at these consultations. That would tell me for sure if there are any hemherroids or anything and if hemorrhoids were confirmed, I think this worry would probably simmer down a bit and fade away since I know they're a cause of bleeding and that would make it all make sense. The mucus has nearly stopped now. I think the excess mucus was actually caused by anxiety. And my stools have literally gone back to their normal shape/size/consistency and I'm passing them regularly but not too regularly again, the "full" rectal feeling has gone.. that was all clearly caused by anxiety, the only unexplained thing left is the blood.

Anyway, yeah, not what you want to be reading on Easter. Happy Easter. And yes I have been eating a lot of chocolate but I probably would've done even if it wasn't Easter

You're overthinking again. Overthinking is your enemy. Us HA people are always trying to look for explanations, but it's better to wait, and trust that the professionals will do their job when they get the chance.

I'm a massive chocolate snob, and this year I managed to persuade my other half that I really, truly needed a posh Hotel Chocolat egg. I'm planning on eating it very, very slowly to make it last as long as possible.

Page 116 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast

Thread Information