Page 12 of 290 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

You are not going to die from this.

Get some help for the anxiety though.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Let me tell you that I get a lot of blood and it is NOT cancer.

I have crohn's and IBS and go to the loo about 5 times a day - never solid.

I have piles.

You are FINE.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you Admin, that's reassuring

I just felt around the um, inside, of that area and felt like a small hard bumpy fold type thing. Very small and felt thin. Apparantly these are called sentinel piles and form when an anal fissure is healing. This is reassuring.

A fissure would explain why I bled directly on to the toilet paper the first time

But that doesn't explain why the blood seemed to be in the mucus when I just wiped and there was a small bit of it on top of the stool. Not inside it though, I checked, it's disgusting I know but I was desperate

Yeah I get that too.

It is nothing of concern apparently

Please don't self-examine

Wait I don't know if it was a sentinel pile.. it felt like there were 2 of them only one was slightly bigger but still small

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Yeah I get that too.

It is nothing of concern apparently

Please don't self-examine
    Easier said than done, it's the only way I can reassure myself now

DON'T - you could be doing more damage. Leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Thank you Admin, that's reassuring

I just felt around the um, inside, of that area and felt like a small hard bumpy fold type thing. Very small and felt thin. Apparantly these are called sentinel piles and form when an anal fissure is healing. This is reassuring.

A fissure would explain why I bled directly on to the toilet paper the first time

But that doesn't explain why the blood seemed to be in the mucus when I just wiped and there was a small bit of it on top of the stool. Not inside it though, I checked, it's disgusting I know but I was desperate

Months ago, i had the exact same worry and problems. Blood on the paper and the stool. Had a colonoscopy, and it showed..... nothing. Not even a polyp. I did have a small hemorrhoid, and likely had a fissure.

Depending on where the fissure is, as you have the movement, it will "coat" the excrement, and get there. If you have mucus, i could easily see it mixing with the blood as you go, and seeming to be mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Months ago, i had the exact same worry and problems. Blood on the paper and the stool. Had a colonoscopy, and it showed..... nothing. Not even a polyp. I did have a small hemorrhoid, and likely had a fissure.

Depending on where the fissure is, as you have the movement, it will "coat" the excrement, and get there. If you have mucus, i could easily see it mixing with the blood as you go, and seeming to be mixed in.
    The mucus was when I wiped and a small bit of it it just seemed red, but not bright red, it was darker red but not too dark

I just really really really want a colonoscopy to rule anything out because knowing I have nothing wrong with me down there would be a huge relief, i think I'd pass out

You will only get referred if the doctor's think it is necessary

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You will only get referred if the doctor's think it is necessary
    But when you read about bowel cancer stories online, the GPs ALWAYS say it's something innocent and it takes years to get the person in for a colonoscopy

My GP is pretty nice and understands, even from our first encounter, that I worry I think so hopefully she'd grant me one? If I say that I literally can't think straight anymore and having a colonoscopy would just put me at so much ease

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

I know y'all think I'm overreacting here but to me it feels REAL. The symptoms are all there and they just keep presenting themselves. I don't understand why you're not all advising I see a doctor to have more testsbecause let's be honest, if you were in my shoes right now wouldn't you react the same way?

Page 12 of 290 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread Information