Page 122 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

HAHAHA oh my god, ET

Yup it would make sense I guess, and times (sorry) when I’ve put my finger in there to see if there’s be any blood and there’s been tiny amounts of blood on the end that blood was obviously from my rectum, so maybe it’ll be hemhherroids if I’m lucky

Ugh... just went again and the stool wasn't particularly hard but there were some smaller lumps of stool as well as larger stool, but it wasn't fissure-inducing large.

I saw two traces of red blood in some mucus. None actually on the stool this time

How can I wait 9 days knowing there's blood literally every time I go to toilet now, even if it's just in a small amount?

Also I don't know if I want them to give me a digital rectal exam when I go next week because what if they don't find hemorrhoids? And then I have to wait like two months to find out what the actual cause is through a colonoscopy? I wouldn't be able to cope

Perhaps read your reassurance thread?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You will wait because...you have no choice but too. Like when we realise anxiety can't really harm us, yet we wish it would, and know we have no choice but to endure the feelings.

Think about what you are saying. Aren't you really trying to avoid hearing something you fear? But then a doctor not telling you something doesn't stop you having it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You will wait because...you have no choice but too. Like when we realise anxiety can't really harm us, yet we wish it would, and know we have no choice but to endure the feelings.

Think about what you are saying. Aren't you really trying to avoid hearing something you fear? But then a doctor not telling you something doesn't stop you having it.
    I just mean if he (the doctor is male) looks inside and doesn't see hemherroids then that'll basically be 2 months of speculating about what else it could be and feeling hopeless.. and I feel bad enough as it is now, even considering that it might be hemherroids. I would just assume cancer and be planning my funeral for those 2 months

I know that the blood seems to be linked with harder / firmer / slightly larger stools too so that's a good sign that it's not cancer but I'm still scared

Red face Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Hey Toby, just saw this on my newsfeed......wanted to post it somewhere and thought it'd be good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post

Hey Toby, just saw this on my newsfeed......wanted to post it somewhere and thought it'd be good here.

The stupid rectal sensation came back yesterday and has been lingering today

I'm not sure what it is. I'm not constipated but maybe it's irritation inside because last night I got so anxious that I had frequent, looser stools. Or maybe it's psychosomatic

PLEASE READ THIS!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It helps but nothing will help me completely until I know for sure if it's cancer. It gives me hope at least

I just went again.. the BM seemed to be not as long or hard. It was still firm but just not as hard. No sign of blood that I could see!

Maybe that's why I very rarely saw blood during my intense periods of anxiety about cancer, because I had looser and thinner stools more than I did big and bulky.

After I stopped worrying, my "back to normal" bowel movements were hard 90% of the time

Maybe, if it is hemorrhoids, harder stools scrape across them, causing blood. Same with reopening fissures, or even a polyp (hopefully benign)

I know no one wants a "diary of my bowel movements" but I'm just saying that I don't generally notice blood when the stool is softer and less bulky

One week until my consultation.. I'm quite literally sh***ing it but at least we'll be getting somewhere!

Page 122 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast

Thread Information