Page 134 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

okay so you got checked and the doc said nope no cancer just inflammed hemrroids and you're still going on worrying if you have cancer, why? I would be doing a happy dance and getting on with life if doctor gave me a clean bill of health. We all sat there and told you it was not cancer but hemrroids.

There's something I realized that reassured me

I thought the rigid sigmoidoscopy could only see in the rectum because it's obviously rigid and I didn't see how it could go around the bend into the sigmoid colon without it being flexible... BUT the rigid sigmoidscope is actually 25cm long, longer than the rectum which is 13cm, and what's more is, it actually does look at the bottom part of the sigmoid colon which is obvious since it's a rigid sigmoidoscopy but I was dumb.

So it had to be a hemorrhoid bleeding back in July since I bled ONTO the paper, the source had to be close to the anus and he checked my rectum and lower sigmoid colon and there was nothing, meaning the only culprit could've been a hemorrhoid- if not he'd have found a polyp or tumour close enough to my rectum that would cause bleeding straight onto the paper.

So at least now I know for sure that at one point I did have hemmies, meaning the recent bleeds on the stool were also most likely hemherroids. What would the chances of an 18 year old having both colon cancer and hemherroids, but only finding out about the cancer because of bleeding hemherroids, be? Next to none I'm sure.

I hope this positivity lasts because right now I'm really reassured

Also the answer to my question in the title of this thread: "Have I got rectal cancer?"... the answer is no. He would've seen it since he checked my rectumMaybe colon but even I doubt it at this point!

HUzzah ! Finally.....I did say much of this to you on PM earlier (bar the bit about length of the instrument and going round corners of your insides, but credit where its dueeeeeee ), also credit to the many many people who have stuck with this poo thread and told you what the cause was all along. The answer IS NO, a total and utter NO. OK, so you did need to process it, and it took a bit longer than we expected. However, now its over ? Right ?
    Last edited by Carys; 13-05-19 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    HUzzah ! Finally.....I did say much of this to you on PM earlier (bar the bit about length of the instrument and going round corners of your insides, but credit where its dueeeeeee ), also credit to the many many people who have stuck with this poo thread and told you what the cause was all along. The answer IS NO, a total and utter NO. OK, so you did need to process it, and it took a bit longer than we expected. However, now its over ? Right ?
    I really hope it's over!

I can't guarantee anything but at least I know what I know now and all evidence seems to be pointing in the direction of hemorrhoids, so that's at least a big development from a few months ago when I was staying up all night obsessing over pieces of toilet paper with what I thought was blood on it (it was food I think now) and obsessively checking to see if I'd lost weight and sticking things (old phone chargers) inside myself to see if blood would be on the end of it

Progress is progress!

I really hope it's over!
    That's hardly fighting talk. IT IS OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    That's hardly fighting talk. IT IS OVER.
    Close the thread!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Close the thread!

Positive thoughts
    Well, nothing is over for sure, I'm still slightly worried whether you like it or not, I'm just more reassured about it now. Hopefully that will equal me moving on from it

Toby - I backed out of your thread a long time ago as I had said all I needed to say and I said it would be piles and not cancer but you would not believe it anyway and here we are - 134 pages later, however many months of your life you have wasted on this and for what?

To be told you have piles - which we said way back then and you are still not believing it.

We told you to change your diet and get some help for the anxiety which you refused to do so now you still have a crap diet and no way of coping with the REAL problem - the anxiety.

If YOU don't take control back of your life now then no-one else can do it for you and then you will waste another year of your life chasing a cancer diagnosis.

I am being really hard on you because I have seen it over and over again on here and I want at least one person to move on and live a life again.

Let it go and take control back of your life cos no-one else can do that for you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It will be over when you make improvements to your mental health. I don't to sound negative but reassurance tends to be fleeting for a reason and veyr few on here seem to be able to take a test and put months of worry, of core beliefs they have only reinforced, out of their mind. I thnk it's more likely you will lapse and have intrusive thoughts trying to restart a cycle and it is important to accept this and tackle them as they come...and work on what is actually the problem underneath all this - your mental health. Either that or it will just flip to another theme, which is wat happened prior to this thread.

Investigating tests like the above can become part of obsession, not accepting the medical professional knows that the tool does what is needed and wanting to back up what they have done. Be aware of that. Use it to re frame a conclusion now but don't keep digging into tests, if you do then that's just more questioning.

Toby- I'm gonna ramble abit here but I want to explain it to you.

When I was your age I had my first experience of HA. I was in fifth year (Irish school system is different, sorry). It started when I got the WORST backpain ever. Like I couldn't stand, I couldn't lay down, I couldn't even stand up straight. I'm not being dramatic I couldn't even take a step without sobbing in pain and even at that point in my life I had always had back pain (I used to ride horse and was tossed a few times.) After a few days it started, the panic, the fear. I was dying, there was something wrong with me and I was dying. My Mam took me to the doctor, he took me I had a trapped nerve and was suffering muscle spams- In my pain I had forgotten that I had been at the gym with school and had been doing weights when this hold thing started. Yet when I went home, it didn't feel right. He was /wrong/. There was something more. Thankfully the back pain went away...then I saw a mole on my arm- had I always had that? I had gone five years without going to the doctor before that and within four months I had gone to the gp ten times.

The only way I got over the anxiety that time to be honest was the leaving cert (Irish exams for getting in uni) was starting and THAT kicked off another type of anxiety and it was so strong there was no more room for health anxiety then another event happened in my life that pushed that to the back-burner.

Then I was good for another two years, had other mental issues but I was good, I was free of HA. Then the day after my 21 birthday it all changed again. It was months of I was dying this- I was dying of that- I was going to drop dead every moment. I couldn't do anything. I had to take time away from college I was so escaped in fear. I couldn't be at my house, I couldn't be at my parents house- I couldn't go out with my friends. I was in fear everywhere, I was going to drop dead any moment. It was /hell/. I did have some meds issue but nothing like I ever had built up in my head. Even after awhile in therapy it took me along time to come around once again.

I'm not going to take over your thread with my story- Im not trying to talk down to you or anything. Sure I'm currently struggling with HA again after a long time. I'm sad tho about all the time I waste on anxiety-it's a terrible thing. It can truly break you down. I know I have such bad HA now as party when I was suffering after a event in my life I thought many times about ending my own life- so now the idea of dying....the worst. Like I had to get a scan and I straight out asked my consulted about every single organ in the scan and if I had tumors there when I was at my worst and I can't describe you the look the man gave me. Then he started to ask me about my mental health.

Toby, I just wish you to get some help. Diet changes are huge- I have IBS and issues with tears down there, changing my diet has changed everything.

You're young, you have a chance. I want you to be happy, to enjoy life- because I used to be so scared I lost a year or more of my life. It's sad to say I'm 22 and I've lost so much of my life to mental illness in many different forms but I want to do better, I want to live. I#m still losing time when I go through episodes like I am now. If you get this young. You can do this, you can be your own support. Your own light in life. Like I'm sorry this is rant but I can see so much of you in me, I had to try and explain it all to you.

Page 134 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast

Thread Information