Page 135 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

SarahNah,

A lovely caring post Sarah. I just wanted to say you are also young (22) and a similar age to Toby, if not the same age ? You are both at the start of your lives still, there are some people on here who have lost their whole lives to HA decade after decade of marching towards inevitable old age and scared each and every day. I think its fantastic that you recognise this for what it is Sarah as a YOUNG PERSON you also have a HUGE CHANCE ...unless you aren't 22 and something else ?!

Thank you everyone for the kind replies, I'll reply to them properly when I'm on my laptop because it's hard to address everything on my phone

But today has honestly felt good. I've felt reassured, yes I've had a few doubts but overall it feels like an issue of the past

The only thing I'm not sure about is, do I keep checking when I go to toilet? I feel like I need to still watch out for blood and if I don't then I feel like I'm avoiding a problem purposefully

ALSO I pin pricked my finger and only a small droplet of blood came out, but I ran a piece of paper past it as if it was stool going past a bleeding hemorrhoid, and it caused a large stripe on the paper. So maybe a very small amount of blood, not enough to see on the paper, can actually cause what appears to be a lot of blood on the stool?

How can it be an issue of the past when you are still posting about it and questioning it?

Go to the loo, don't look, flush and get on with it.

Are you now seeking treatment for the HA?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    How can it be an issue of the past when you are still posting about it and questioning it?

Go to the loo, don't look, flush and get on with it.

Are you now seeking treatment for the HA?
    Maybe I spoke to soon then, but this morning I woke up, immediately fell into a depressive state of thinking about having cancer but then remembered that my rectum and lower part of sigmoid colon was checked and they found nothing except a vein that looked a little larger than the others, which sent a wave of relief over me.

The worry might come back, who knows, but I'm gonna ask the GP when I go on Friday (to renew my medication and talk about therapy) if I can be booked in for a flexible sigmoidoscopy just to rule anything out and put this worry to bed completely

She'll probably say no but it's worth a try

Other than time, I think a flexible sigmoidoscopy will be the only thing that will tell me for sure if it's cancer. Otherwise if I see blood again I might freak out and spiral again- but as of now I'm feeling much more reassured, but it's worth at least trying to get absolute finality to this, especially if the GP understands my situation and how long this has been going on for

Toby, give it up and get a life. You're only young once and it doesn't last long.

I don't think you need to reply to anyone now, Toby. I'm sure we would all rather hear that you are concentrating on getting therapy and that you won't be discussing any more of your "symptoms" related to your diagnosed benign condition.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think you need to reply to anyone now, Toby. I'm sure we would all rather hear that you are concentrating on getting therapy and that you won't be discussing any more of your "symptoms" related to your diagnosed benign condition.
    Exactly... replying keeps you in the cycle.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

if I can be booked in for a flexible sigmoidoscopy just to rule anything out and put this worry to bed completely
    OH come onnnnnnnnn, Toby.......

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Toby, give it up and get a life. You're only young once and it doesn't last long.
    Please don't talk to me like that.

I've tried to explain my current situation as nicely as possible whilst emphasizing that I still have existing anxiety that doesn't just go away, which I'm planning on seeking therapy for but I'd also like to get some finality in regards to this worry in particular- the reason why I'm going to ask if I could have a flexible sigmoidoscopy. If they say no, then fine, I can't do anymore than that, but it's worth a try.

I know how difficult it is to let things go with ASD and you have the added bonus of interaction on here but it's not helpful interaction now. You have your diagnosis and it's a good one. You have to start making plans for what you are going to do now in "real life".

Page 135 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast

Thread Information