Page 139 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Really well done, Toby!

Time to close the thread now on a very positive note.

Thanks everyone

Not sure if it’ll work for me but I’ll try it

and I don’t think I’m ready for it to be closed yet since I still want to update on everything (probably not my BMs etc, i mean like progress related- but if new symptoms do arise I’ll probably mention them) because honestly this thread has made me feel less alone in dealing with this

I’m definitely less worried now let’s just say that so I won’t feel the need to come on here as often but what if something awful happens? I don’t want to list the possibilities in case I’m tempting fate but !

But I’m getting therapy so it’s a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I don’t think I’m ready for it to be closed yet since I still want to update on everything....But I’m getting therapy so it’s a start.
    Actually Toby, I think it would be a huge benefit to close the thread. You've been diagnosed and cleared so certainly there's no more need to detail your bathroom habits any more nor feed your dragon with irrational thoughts and reassurance seeking. You know what you need to do and I'm glad to see you've taken the first step.

I would suggest starting a positive thread in "Success Stories" where you can talk about your therapy and progress. It also would serve to inspire others who have bucked facts and advice to listen and take the same steps.

Do you have a scheduled date yet?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I don’t have a date yet no

and I would feel so lost without the thread, I still feel like I have worrying symptoms such as constipation, in fact not even constipation because I went to toilet earlier but it doesn’t feel like enough came out compared to the vast amount of food Ive had recently to try and make things budge. I even bought a whole carton (sp?) of orange juice which I bought to work as a laxative. It didn’t help at all

Im going off tangent here but my experience with constipation is when I stop thinking about my bowels then I’m able to go. Thats what happened during the period when I stopped worrying, I was very regular

Sorry. Symptom talk again. I just feel like although Im not as anxious anymore, this is still an ongoing problem? Do you not agree?

I’ll ease off coming on the forum naturally, I only usually do once a day now anyway, I’d just feel better if this thread was always there because I don’t see my case as a success story just yet

Thank you for affirming my post(s).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I don’t have a date yet no

and I would feel so lost without the thread, I still feel like I have worrying symptoms such as constipation, in fact not even constipation because I went to toilet earlier but it doesn’t feel like enough came out compared to the vast amount of food Ive had recently to try and make things budge. I even bought a whole carton (sp?) of orange juice which I bought to work as a laxative. It didn’t help at all

Im going off tangent here but my experience with constipation is when I stop thinking about my bowels then I’m able to go. Thats what happened during the period when I stopped worrying, I was very regular

Sorry. Symptom talk again. I just feel like although Im not as anxious anymore, this is still an ongoing problem? Do you not agree?

I’ll ease off coming on the forum naturally, I only usually do once a day now anyway, I’d just feel better if this thread was always there because I don’t see my case as a success story just yet
    Sounds like a big clue in there then.

No one expects change right now and yes I know what you mean as success is about getting further on BUT you could shift to a more positive leaning thread that looks more at progress. Some people on here have long running support threads but they talk about how they are pushing forward as well as the anxiety side.

Close the thread? Why? Toby is inching forward and its all part of his story. There are people on here who come back for years and years with the same old guff on new threads, but at least all Toby's story is on one thread and censoring his content here seems unfair. There is no arguing on the thread, Toby is kind, appreciative and responsive to suggestions - he is one person who is starting to truly gain from this forum unlike a huge number of repetitive posters. When the time is right I believe he will reduce his time here.

and I would feel so lost without the thread
    I can see that at this point. I don't like the idea of forcing you to move at a pace you aren't happy with when you are making so much progress! However, I do see why people are talking about a positive moving forward thread....as its symbolic to them. Closing a thread doesn't just make stuff go away, it will still be there and probably come out on another thread instead.
    Last edited by Carys; 18-05-19 at 06:27.

IMO, at this point (and prior), the thread is an enabler as are many of the responses. Its acting as a shield to protect the dragon. We'll see when another photo of a rear passage appears or vividly descriptive writings of poo bits and pieces and extreme self examination behaviors appear

Toby, I am curious though. You saw the doctor yesterday. What happened at the appointment? I imagine they refused the flexible sigmoidoscopy? What was explained about your test result and hemorrhoids? Did you discuss ways to improve your diet and what were they? I do think its great you self referred yourself for CBT but I am curious why you self referred as I thought that you would discuss your anxiety and that would be done through your doctor and perhaps discuss meds as well?

Looking forward to seeing the first therapy appointment date!

Positive thoughts

the thread is an enabler as are many of the responses.
    I'm sorry you see it that way, however those of us responding clearly have a different view.

Its not as back and white as you indicate, with every thread about health and the comments on it 'enabling' people, there are further agendas than that. IF it was the way you view it FMP, then there would literally be no point at all in having this forum - and everyone should be kicked off immediately and it shut down. The admins here could then put a big sign on the site saying 'NMP - go and take some meds and have therapy and don't bother coming here'. What do you think would happen to all those people then ? Its not as simple as 'everyone will go and get help in real life/take meds/get therapy' I'm afraid. Recovery and rethinking anxiety behaviours isn't a quick thing for most people, it can take as long to undo the mess as it took to get into it and those of us who have had HA and GA understand this.

I commented on another thread here, you will know the one, about people making snap judgements on the reason behind peoples' mental health problems, I feel this does apply here too.

We'll see when another photo of a rear passage appears
    I don't recall that being posted on this thread ?
    Last edited by Carys; 18-05-19 at 14:08.

Agree to disagree

FMP

Page 139 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast

Thread Information