Page 141 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

This much is true - or put a warning at the top of the post Toby.

I wanted to add, that no matter what the view of anyone posting here, we DO all want the same for you Toby, that you are free of this horrible mental state. None of us actually want you here, just have different opinions on the situation at the present time.

Some members actually do take on the advice and move toward recovery and healing. That's what its about.
    Yes, it is, and yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes, it is, and yes he is.
    Two days and a few words?... BIWISI and I'll be one of the first cheering him on when I see it happening

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I look forward to seeing your posts (and thread) on how you're "working at it" and I'll be one of the cheerleaders when you take steps forward.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    With respect, Toby, it's possible to discuss bowel issues without being quite so graphic? Not saying that the thread should be closed down or that you're not making great progress because you are, but sometimes when I click into threads - yours and others - I run into way more detail than I was expecting.
    A lot of the time I do say "TMI" before I'm about to describe something but I'm not sure what you'd expect on a the "IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems" section. I don't enjoy talking about it as much as you don't like reading about it but it feels like a very real problem to me and description is the best way of helping people understand whatever the problem may be But I'll put a TMI in bold before anything explicit in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I wanted to add, that no matter what the view of anyone posting here, we DO all want the same for you Toby, that you are free of this horrible mental state. None of us actually want you here, just have different opinions on the situation at the present time.
    Thanks, I know that

A lot of the time the forum is also a substitute for Googling, if I feel the compulsion to Google about bowel cancer cases or symptoms, then I'd rather be on here surrounding myself with less scary bowel related content than scary morbid content. Unfortunately I do sometimes feel the urge to Google, it's like my mind won't relax until I do it, especially whenever I'm feeling too happy or comfortable or less anxious. This is something I do feel like I need help/therapy for

Two days and a few words?... BIWISI
    Don't understand this ?

Nor the acronym ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Thanks, I know that

A lot of the time the forum is also a substitute for Googling, if I feel the compulsion to Google about bowel cancer cases or symptoms, then I'd rather be on here surrounding myself with less scary bowel related content than scary morbid content. Unfortunately I do sometimes feel the urge to Google, it's like my mind won't relax until I do it, especially whenever I'm feeling too happy or comfortable or less anxious. This is something I do feel like I need help/therapy for
    I suppose that’s a compulsion that you should try your absolute best to ignore, and that’s why it’s ok to come here and seek advice on what to do next. You can accept that you don’t have anything wrong with your bowels, but it’s ok to ask advice when you are struggling with your anxiety and compulsions.

Or at least add “anxiety” after it in google. But you can’t unsee google, and what you read is often upsettting and unhelpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I suppose that’s a compulsion that you should try your absolute best to ignore, and that’s why it’s ok to come here and seek advice on what to do next. You can accept that you don’t have anything wrong with your bowels, but it’s ok to ask advice when you are struggling with your anxiety and compulsions.

Or at least add “anxiety” after it in google. But you can’t unsee google, and what you read is often upsettting and unhelpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Google really is just pure hell for HA sufferers. I'm just gonna try and go cold turkey when it comes to googling symptoms

Today I've eaten a bowl of tuna pasta, 3/4 of a packet of biscuits, three milk chocolate bars and beef lasagna.

Now I have stomach ache and my mind is automatically jumping to colon cancer. I know it's logically NOT, I hope, but I'm just panicking because I'm ironically (for a HA suffer who thinks they might have colon cancer) not used to having stomach aches

I did go to the toilet and my motions were looser earlier probably due to my diet but after it left my stomach feeling unsettled

I really need to stop overthinking it but I'm just so worried

But while I've been having softer stools over the past couple of weeks I haven't noticed any blood at all which is a good sign

Page 141 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast

Thread Information