Page 151 of 290 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Thanks everyone, I have no side effects from the 100mg so far, except a small bout of diarrhoea on Sunday

I am worried now because I still think my mum has diarrhoea, she seems to go every morning and I can sometimes hear noises from below that don't sound great, maybe I'm overthinking it TMI but it doesn't smell nice in there after if I go past the bathroom

I'm even more worried because when I got up today, my mum seemed more quiet and I felt like she was worried about something, now it's probably just me overthinking it because she was getting annoyed when I started asking if anything was wrong and after she seemed alright, I'm sure I'm overthinking it, but I don't want my worries to rub off onto her and I don't want to scare her if she has got diarrhoea and now I feel like I have

One possible cause for diarrhoea is the fact that my mum sometimes doesn't check the best before date on things to see if they're out of date, the bread in the cupboard the other day was 5 days out and she's often like "It's not mouldy so it's fine!"

Not all our food is out of date or anything but I just mean she doesn't believe in throwing food away because she was kinda poor growing up

Maybe sometimes eating out of date food can upset the stomach

Or maybe it's the menopause which can sometimes cause diarrhoea according to Google, and the average age of reaching it is 51 and my mum is 51..

Daily Mail:

Irritable bowel syndrome: The muscles of the gut have oestrogen receptors, so the drop in oestrogen can reduce muscle tone, slowing transit time and triggering indigestion, nausea, diarrhoea or constipation. The stress of menopause can also affect the gut.
    IBS worsens as hormone levels fall. During the late luteal phase, you're more likely to get bloated and maybe get constipated or have diarrhea. As hormone levels fall to the lowest point during menstruation, symptoms -- like stomach pain, discomfort, and constipation or diarrhea-- become more common and intense.
    And I'm a little worried because last night I had some mild lower back pain that seems to have gone now so I'm not as worried but I'm still a little worried although I am doing better overall

It could be that but best she sees her GP. She will likely be aware of it anyway as other symptoms will point to it.

She may have just feel feeling like crap from the toilet session.

As for food, Best Before dates are meaningless as they only relate to quality. The government have been telling suppliers to scrap them for years as they just cause people to throw food out unnecessarily (not good for the carbon footprint for one). It's Use By dates that are the measure of safety but even these are not precise and it's safe to eat many things after them as long as the smell/taste tests are applied. Food can always go off before these dates anyway hence the old fashioned smell tests always rule.

She won't see her GP and tbh I'm probably overthinking it and blowing it all out of proportion, and she didn't go to toilet before she looked like she was in a low mood

She came downstairs for a drink and to let the dog out earlier at like 4 AM and I asked her and she seemed fine and was like "Trust me, I'm not worried about anything" and she seemed convincing, I think I was just overanalysing as usual

Or maybe I'm in denial and don't even want to think about the possibility of it being bowel cancer

Maybe she's just annoyed because her teenage son is showing such an intimate interest in her bowel habits?

Re: Blood in stool!

I mean this is the nicest way but, Stop annoying her, she’s a grown woman who knows her body & will see a doctor if she feels like it.
    Glad you’re doing better in your health though, but transferring your anxiety to someone else’s health is still anxiety that needs to be treated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I've decided to take a bit of a break from the forum
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah I need to stop it's weird and no wonder she's weirded out, something for me to work on I suppose.

I got a text and my assessment for therapy should be coming up soon

Also I'm scared because of that pain I mentioned, well not really a pain, more like a random non-localized ache that comes and goes around my lower back and side area. It doesn't hurt it's more just a weird vague sensation that I'm worried could be cancer spread to the bone

I've had a decent past few days it's funny how quickly things change...

Everybody has blips, it's how you handle them that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Everybody has blips, it's how you handle them that counts.
    I'm not handling them very well, I've fallen back into the Google trap

Also with blood from piles, can the blood be SMEARED on the stool rather than just striped on it? Because I remember in Feb seeing some in the cracks of the stool that looked more rubbed in and less noticeable if I wasn't looking

Page 151 of 290 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast

Thread Information