Page 152 of 290 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

So, what strategies do you think you should use to move forward?

Well there's therapy coming up

It's hard because I always have the urge to google and it's hard to fight off without giving into it, and the hardest part of this whole thing isn't the symptoms that are almost non existent at this point, it's the doubt. Wondering if because this person had bowel cancer who also had blood and was told they'd be fine, then I could have it too

It's the most difficult part of all this without a doubt

So, you're not reading up on managing your anxiety?

They contacted me about therapy, I have to book my assessment appointment tomorrow ^

Right now I'm scared because as I've mentioned before, over the past 4-5 days or so I've noticed that I've had mild aches and sensations around my abdomen, but at the sides, like just above my left hip to the side, my lower back, and sometimes I get it on the right side. It's only noticeable for a short period of time and it's not constant and it doesn't hurt at all, on the pain scale I'd rate it 1/10, it's just there and I'm scared it's caused by colon cancer

Sometimes I'm also feeling aches in my middle back area and shoulder so maybe it's muscle related

Though the fact that it's not constant is reassuring because it's usually constant with colon cancer right? Plus I have felt it on my right side and I don't see how left sided cancer could cause that unless it's nerve related

I'm not 100% sure but I mostly feel it when I'm sat on my bed, either lying down on my side or just sat on it, so maybe it's to do with that? Sleeping funny too or something? Though I don't know

Too much time sat around I should thing, doing nothing. ;o)

Toby as far as your mom goes, menopause does cause hell on a woman's body, even bowel issues, our bodies change when we get older and we can't eat the way we used to when we were younger, as far as the pain if it's a 1/10 it's most likely from you sitting in a wierd way or stretching a certain way, there are alot of days I have back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, if I sit in a certain way, lay or sleep in a certain way, especially when having anxiety can cause all kinds of aches, you went to a doctor they did tests and said you were fine, If I was a mod I would have closed this thread after you got your all clear.

Maybe, Carys, would make sense

And it's crazy because my worries keep shifting onto me and then my mum. I think now it could be stress because she showed me that her eczema came back and that only happens when she's stressed- she's stressed about my situation which I am trying to make better

And yeah, it's not even a pain, just a niggling slight ache/sensation. And now I have like a numbness just below my left shoulder and I'm scared this could be cause c**cer has spread to my spine and it's causing issues with my nerves, and I noticed within the hour that the weird ache/sensation in my side next to my hip has returned

It's like my body keeps throwing things at me to worry about. Gimme a break, body, please. It's always when I start to improve too

If I'm not just blowing normal sensations out of proportion or it's just because of posture etc, could it be a side effect of the sertraline? About a week ago as you know my dose was upped from 50mg > 100mg. Joint/muscle pain and lower back or side pain is a side effect I just found out.

​But it has been 10 days since I changed the dose, should I still be experiencing side effects?

Side effects can take 4-6 weeks in many of us, Toby. Like I said before, anything that starts popping up when you are in that window are most likey due to a) the med itself as a side effect or b) the med increasing your anxiety leading to new anxiety symptoms or intensification of them.

Re: Blood in stool!

Anxiety will find something new to feed on when you’ve stopped worrying about the previous problem so much.
    When I was in my early 20’s and anxiety hit, I used to go to the doctor every few weeks with a problem, get reassured and then a few days later a new list of worries would thread their way in. It wasn’t until I started to get help for the actual anxiety that I started to see a change. I bought some brilliant books on anxiety (we didn’t have the internet then ) and I was referred for group therapy which was excruciating but helpful.
    So what I’m saying is, you know you have anxiety so be proactive and start helping yourself, even if it’s just for your Mums sake?
    Also, excema can be bought on by the heat too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Terry. It's normal to have side effects for 6 weeks?

My nose bled a lot this morning so I'm guessing the side effects are at their prime, plus I have various other trivial symptoms

This "pain"** which literally comes and goes and may sometimes only stay for like, 1 minute, is sometimes next to my hip on my side, mid back, right hip on the side

**Again not really a "pain" just one of those things that normal people would just accept and shrug off, it doesn't hurt, it's just there and bearable and very mild but annoying when you have HA

Could this be colon cancer pain?

And yep Scass I'm not so worried about my mum as I was before right now, and yeah I'm definitely going to work on my anxiety. My assessment appointment is booked for Friday

Page 152 of 290 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast

Thread Information