Page 155 of 290 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Yep.

I'd hate to change though because Sertraline works for me pretty well, after the side effects went the first time my whole life changed or at least took a very dramatic turn from where I was at before
    How did you feel dramatically different?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How did you feel dramatically different?
    Well sometimes since I started the sertraline I just feel like I don't care enough to worry about certain things at certain times

Not all the time if I have symptoms but sometimes I'm able to just bat negative thoughts away

and sometimes in general I feel more carefree even if I'm convinced there's a t*m*r in my bowel

Another way of describing the feeling would be a feeling of numbness even when I have a huge worry at the back of my mind

Definitely not all the time but
    Last edited by Toby2000; 05-06-19 at 20:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Great to hear about the appointment. Make sure to update everyone as to what they said and the next steps. I know everyone wants to see you start to recover.
    Thanks, I will do

Also this morning I woke up and it felt like my left ear was blocked, this never happens unless I have water lodged down there, and I didn't shower before bed

I looked up "blocked ear sertraline" and it says it can be a side effect, a rare one, but nosebleeds are also a rare side effect and I experienced many of them spontaneously upon first starting sertraline soo...

If I have other side effects that makes it likely the pains are a side effect too

Oh and I've noticed that I've been forgetting small trivial things again like I did when I first started taking Sertraline

Well sometimes since I started the sertraline I just feel like I don't care enough to worry about certain things at certain times

Not all the time if I have symptoms but sometimes I'm able to just bat negative thoughts away

and sometimes in general I feel more carefree even if I'm convinced there's a t*m*r in my bowel

Another way of describing the feeling would be a feeling of numbness even when I have a huge worry at the back of my mind

Definitely not all the time but
    This sounds like progress then. What I would suggest now is because it is reducing things you have more of a chance to start working on yourself. Get some self help materials and try to work on how you view things. Probably wait for your appointment before going near exposure work though.

The phone assessment went well, I'm going to start CBT when they can fit me in which won't be for a while apparently

The phone assessment went well, I'm going to start CBT when they can fit me in which won't be for a while apparently
    What is "a while"? Did they give you a date or 'expected' start time?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had a similar phone assessment, there’s usually up to a 12 week wait I think? Are they putting you forward for group therapy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What is "a while"? Did they give you a date or 'expected' start time?

Positive thoughts
    I waited around 8 weeks on the NHS for CBT therapy.

Page 155 of 290 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast

Thread Information