Page 168 of 290 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    It's awful because now I know it can't be hemorrhoids because of how dark the bloody mucus was and it just wouldn't make sense for it to be them

I will try doing the waiting time thing. I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist it though
    You know you have roids though so can experience their symptoms. The dark stuff could be dried blood as you have said. And you have been checked over quite recently.

Yep, watch for a pattern. No pattern, no point following up.

I didn't swallow it I just put a tiny bit of the red stuff in my mouth because I was desperate to see if it was food. I'm sure it was food because I only see that stuff after eating red vegetables/pepper and it felt a little fleshy and not bloody
    It's still crossing over into something more destructive though. How many people would ever do that? It's very unhygienic.

Yes, I know people do sexual things that involve exactly the same (and worse, something famous on the internet involving two girls and a cup being an extreme example ) so it's not quite as taboo as it sounds at first but we are concerned about your lack of hygiene and control.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's still crossing over into something more destructive though. How many people would ever do that? It's very unhygienic.

Yes, I know people do sexual things that involve exactly the same (and worse, something famous on the internet involving two girls and a cup being an extreme example ) so it's not quite as taboo as it sounds at first but we are concerned about your lack of hygiene and control.
    Oh I know they do. But exactly this isn't that, it seems trivial to me. I just did it out of sheer desperation and I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You know you have roids though so can experience their symptoms. The dark stuff could be dried blood as you have said. And you have been checked over quite recently.

Yep, watch for a pattern. No pattern, no point following up.
    I would have just expected all of the blood I saw to be more fresh if it was from roids. Yes some of it that was separate was a brighter red but in some cases it looked like blood had tinged and mixed in with the mucus-y stool when I was wiping to create like a weird dark-brown with a hint of red color. I can't describe it well enough but that makes me think it was from further up, as well as the fact that there was a little bit in the looser yet solid diarrhoea. Not IN it but like on the edge of it as if it was embedded. I don't know

I feel like I should just go down to the GI c*ncer ward at my local hospital and get to know the nurses in advance :(

Knock it off, Toby. The word is cancer, with an a, you don't have it and your behaviour really is coming across as attention seeking, not to mention possibly massively triggering to those with a real cancer diagnosis.

You've been told what you can do to make yourself feel better by people who've been there, but there's always another excuse.

What would you do if your parents weren't around to fund your faecal spelunking?
    Last edited by BlueIris; 20-06-19 at 05:58.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Knock it off, Toby. The word is cancer, with an a, you don't have it and your behaviour really is coming across as attention seeking, not to mention possibly massively triggering to those with a real cancer diagnosis.

You've been told what you can do to make yourself feel better by people who've been there, but there's always another excuse.

What would you do if your parents weren't around to fund your faecal spelunking?
    What would you do if it turned out I actually did have it? Dark blood is a serious sign. I could've possibly made a tumor or polyp bleed? I don't understand why I'm the only one alarmed by it

I'm sorry if it comes off that way. I wasn't trying to attention seek I was trying to make light of it with dark not so not serious humor but I guess that was a little insensitive. I just feel really done for

And my mum said I'll have to start to pay my council tax come September. I feel like I'm not ready for it and a job, I can't cope with real life, I know others manage it but for me especially with my worries and how messed up my sleeping pattern is it's difficult to maintain a normal life

What would you do if it turned out I actually did have it?
    I'd feel sad for you and do my best to be supportive, but please believe me when I say I wouldn't feel guilty for not suspecting what a bunch of trained medical professionals didn't.

Other people have anxiety and messed-up sleeping patterns (why do you think I reply at 5am?) but they cope because they have no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'd feel sad for you and do my best to be supportive, but please believe me when I say I wouldn't feel guilty for not suspecting what a bunch of trained medical professionals didn't.

Other people have anxiety and messed-up sleeping patterns (why do you think I reply at 5am?) but they cope because they have no other option.
    Don't worry I'm not trying to make you feel like you should be guilty if that happens or anything, I'm just saying, no one can know for sure unless I go for a colonoscopy. The Doctors can come to a conclusion based off of what I've said but Doctors have often been wrong especially with bowel c@ncer in young people

I know I'm repeating myself a lot here and maybe that comes off as attention seeking but I just really don't know what to do. I know you can't all wave a magic wand so theoretically there's no point in saying it over and over but we just do anyway, but I'm just in such a hopeless place that's hard to get out of as I'm sure everyone else is familar with. And I'mSO annoyed because I was so excited to enjoy a holiday after this awful year (so far) but now it's just gonna be messed up. Who wants to be sitting on a nice sunny beach in boiling weather thinking about bowel cancer and blood while everyone else is enjoying themselves? It's the one thing, other than cancer, that I didn't want

So you have a colonoscopy. Three weeks later you have more blood, maybe even a new symptom. Will you be fine with it all or posting the same as now? You have yet another colonoscopy to cover a new period of symptoms, all clear. Then three weeks later...

Page 168 of 290 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast

Thread Information